Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did use the search button and I am sure this as been talk about before but I did not find anything. I was wondering can you take a daul cam ZC block and do a SOHC D16z6 head swap??? The reason I am asking is because I want to get a SOHC ZC Vtec but my friend as a daul cam zc that he order from h-motors online a while ago the block was rebuilt and as abou 30,000 miles in it and I have a z6 head that I could get built, so would this work? thanks
-George

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
bolt holes on the block dont line up....

can be done but IMO is a waste of money and also point less

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry I F up I had dual cam on the brain,my mess up I ment he got the SOHC non vtec zc and I want to put my z6 head on it.

·
Registered
89 hatch
1,771 Posts
Sorry I F up I had dual cam on the brain,my mess up I ment he got the SOHC non vtec zc and I want to put my z6 head on it.
what car? assuming its an 88-91 civic/crx, you need obd0-bod1 jumper, p28, obd1 vtec dizzy, 4 wire o2 sensor. i have the same combo on my hatch boosted.

·
Administrator
Honda
6,992 Posts
should be a simple swap, as long as you are talking about the 1.6 liter sohc zc....
Wrong, it will not just work *sigh*

there actually was one dohc d16a6.
i read about the build up process of machining the bottom end to accept the ZC head...

all said and done, it cost him $5,000 in machine work, and it put 113 hp to the wheels.
Basically, even though it's a "D" Block, the head will not match up perfectly with any D block.

Oh hell, I didn't read the SOHC part of your posts... So, ignore the above.

·
Registered
32 Posts

·
Administrator
Honda
6,992 Posts
As long as you get a OBD1 ZC then it should just drop in.

But if your swapping the head. The real question is why bother?
The bottom end is the same as stock.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts