Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok this is my 1st post and first of many noobish and possibly annoying questions. Ok i have a line on a b20a motor and trans out of a 88 prelude that i can get for next to nothing. What can i get off this motor to boost hp or would it be worth it to swap the whole thing? I have a 92 vx w/ stock d15z1 and tired stock 5 speed and even more tired clutch. The b20 has a stage 2 clutch and a few more mods I haven't inspected it enough to know everything it has done to it. But I definatly need to know if i can use the ecu, im, em, injectors, clutch or trans? BTW this is my 1st honda, i used to be a chevy guy but what percentage of gm vehicles get 40+mpg and still smoke an rx7?

·
Registered
91 CRX Si
4,454 Posts
88-91 prelude B-series engines are bastards...it will not bolt into you EG and nothing from it is interchangable with other B-series engines. Don't get it... Your best bet would be to find a D16Z6 and drop it in. You wouldnt have to change anything except you may want to swap in a P28 ECU...

·
Registered
1995 Civic EX Coupe
579 Posts
agreed. the motors out of those preludes are junk and they sit at an angle. nothin like the b20b or z. But yea, nonetheless, the Z6 will indeed bolt right in and you dont even have to wire for vtec since its already vtec-e. good luck with whatever you decide to do :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the d15z1 is vtec?

it is a sohc non vtec stock i thought? and what 1.6 head works best with that motor out of the 4? The a6, z6, y7 or y8 and i'd need the ecu from what ever one I choose. I want to use the z6 or the y8 because they are vtec probably the z6. Can u change a sohc a dohc?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts