Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan on doing a vitara/eagle rod setup with ARP headstuds. The head i have is a y7 with a delta 272 cam, supertech valve springs, and a "stage 2 port port and polish"(what I was told). That's all I plan on doing to the actual engine. My goal is 400whp.

Now, that I've covered that. I currently have a small on turbo on my d16y8 but I'm sure it'll be too small for my future hp goal. I got a really good deal on a great condition garrett but the person didn't know much about it. Basically, even if it won't work for my application I can still make a decent profit.

Finally, my question. Will this turbo work on my setup? It's a Garrett T04b90, .60/.81, 54 trim. The part number is 409080-5009. Supposedly it came off a Allis Chalmers tractor lol.

I'm sure the exhaust side may be too large so my next question is, would it work on on a stock gsr aiming for 400whp?

Also, before I get flamed. I searched......alot. I found several LS guys using them but nobody seems to have the .81 exhaust housing. Also, i couldn't find a compressor map or I might not be asking.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts
Should make great power but will definitely be a laggy turbo. If you're planning on using it for drags it will work. My turbo is a bit bigger than that

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To be honest I really want it to be strong at roll racing. I have a 50 trim .42/.48 right now and I love how fast the boost comes in but I'd sacrifice it for more power.

If you had to take a guess when do you think boost and start and when do you think I'd have full boost?

Also, what turbo setup you running?

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts
It'd hard to say you have eagle/vitara which is really low compression, and if I have to guess you're full boost would be around 5.8/6k

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
I don't think it'll ever actually spool - that 64mm exducer is bigger than the stock exhaust pipe on a civic!

the compressor side is good for that 400whp, the exhaust side closer to 800whp...

I dunno why you cant find a 54 trim compressor map, they're all over the internet? granted its t04e vs t04b but close enough

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I was looking for a compressor map that was really close to my specs. Anyways, could I get a different exhaust housing? Also is the exhaust wheel too big also?

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
jesus christ..

Low compression build, huge turbo..

wake me up when it spools

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts
Sell it and buy a turbo that's proven to work with vitara set-up. I'd suggest a Garrett 57trim 63ar I made a bit over 400whp with it and can be purchased new far $680

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
The housing isnt your issue here. You have a huge snail and low compression.

Even with high compression this wouldnt work.

What is the car being used for?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Mostly roll races. Probably highway pulls. 1/4 Every now and then. I want to be able to compete with some V8s from a roll basically. The intake side seems normal. It's basically a 2" inducer/3" exducer 54 trim. The exhuast side is 64mm and 7mm.

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
If you want 400WHP, than you need to look for something that flows around 45-50lbs/min..

But I would def have a comopression around 9.5 for response.

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
That turbo will work for highway roll racing. Expect 25psi around 6000rpm and it should carry well up to 9000+ rpm.

The large turbine housing is what pushes the power up the RPM band. If you put a smaller housing (like a t3 48 ar) it could make higher boost at around 5000rpm but choke out around 7000rpm.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ok, thanks guys. To be honest 400whp is probably a little much for what I want but we'll see what happens. I'd probably be happy around 350

1 - 20 of 33 Posts