Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off my set up is a stock rebuilt y8, go-autoworks mini ram and 3 inch dp, pwr backdoor intercooler, 2.5 cold side intercooler piping, tail wg, and turbonetics bov. My hp goal is 220ish on a non daily driven street car.

I'm trying to size a turbo that will still have some room left in it when its time build the motor, if that's possible.

I was looking at this turbo TX-50B-54 Turbocharger 48 a/r (t3 flange / 4 bolt exhaust) : Godspeed I know its a cheapo ebay turbo so maybe I won't buy the exact one but size wise will it work for my goals? I've read through a lot of build threads and done some research and this seems to be a common size, I just want to make sure im not making a noob mistake.

Thanks for you help in advance.

·
Registered
97 honda coupe
7,611 Posts
That would probably spool really fast with a .48 ar but you might hit the ceiling pretty early with the exhaust being so small. Depends on how much power your looking for, and how much room you want to grow. That looks like a gt30 with a smaller exhaust housing. If you wanted to have more room to grow look into a gt35 or even a gt30 with a large ar turbine housing.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would my stock motor be able to spool a gt size turbo? I also don't want a real laggy turbo and was hoping to keep it at the stock rev limit around 220hp so if this turbo would be better for now I wouldn't be opposed to upgrading in the future when I shoot for 350.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,107 Posts
Ive been told a .42/.48 will make my goal of 250whp pretty easy.....so theres that

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
no, way too big.

that's a legit 57 trim t4 compressor wheel

you need something with an inducer diameter around 50mm

and I'd also look for a 49mm exhaust wheel versus that 54mm

1 - 8 of 8 Posts