Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I'm building my D16 with about 160k km mileage with a 92 civic sedan. I'm from Malaysia btw. I'm looking to get about 350whp. Below are the list of things i'm purchasing over the next few months. Will this be enough to take me to 350 whp? The min petrol here is Ron95 and i'm planning to use this car as a daily drive and occasionally the weekend warrior.

Also what's the reccommended boost to reach my goal without destroying my engine? (we count boost here by bars so will i be able to boost 1.5bars safely here)

I'd really appreciate any comments on the items i've listed and if i'm missing anything for my build and where i'm going wrong.

Item Specifics
1 Intercooler 28" x 8" x 3"
2 Exhaust Piping + Exhaust pipe 3 inch
3 Ramhorn Manifold t3/t4 flange
4 FRP Turbo GT3037
5 Hondata s300
6 3 bar map sensor
7 Nippon racing 75.5mm Pistons 8:5:1 Compression ratio
8 Eagle Conrods
9 ARP Bolts
10 ACL Race Connecting Rods & Main Bearings
11 NPR Coated Piston Rings
12 Steel Wrists Pins
13 ARP Head Studs
14 8 Spiral Lock Wrist Pin Clips
15 Boost controller
16 Tial 44mm wastegate
17 Tial Blow Off valve
18 Fuel Rail
19 Injectors 550cc
20 fuel regulator

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I'm building this based on my research so far. Also I understand that it's all about the tuning. But I think the basic engine build should be solid enough to support the power and i'm afraid i might be missing something on my list. I'd like to get it done at one go so i don't have to re visit my mechanics over and over again.

Thanks for the feedback though

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
Based on the list the block itself can handle that power, although you might need a bit more injector or crank the fuel pressure higher. Where abouts in Malaysia are you?? I have a good friend who tunes cars down by Kuching

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Based on the list the block itself can handle that power, although you might need a bit more injector or crank the fuel pressure higher. Where abouts in Malaysia are you?? I have a good friend who tunes cars down by Kuching
Hi, I'm in Kuala Lumpur. Unfortunately i can't drive to Kuching unless my car can float lol. Injectors reccomendation? 850cc?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
So should i go 75.5mm or 76 mm?
Try the 550cc i think you should be okay with an adjustable regulator. 75.5mm is ideal no need to go 76mm as your sleeves will get thinner than needed but sounds like you have a lot of reading to do, Mate. Good luck on the build

·
Registered
369 Posts
I would add in a fuel pump, a walbro 255 will get you there, might as well get the HP since you're gonna have an FPR and that will give you room to grow. I would also say you are gonna be on the edge with the 550's, but you can bump fuel pressure.

From what I've seen 350 is doable on a stock intake manifold, but you might get there easier with an edelbrock or s2 intake mani. You could maybe throw in one of those thermal intake gaskets which are supposed to cut down on intake manifold heatsoak while you're in there.

75.5 YCP Vitara pistons are a good choice. Lots of people making good power on them. And they are inexpensive compared to some other options, but will be just fine for 350whp.

Also, you're gonna need a better than stock clutch to get that power to the wheels. And if you're gonna race a limited slip diff would help there too. I know those aren't engine related, but important nonetheless.

Just my thoughts. Good luck with the build!

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Hi, I'm in Kuala Lumpur. Unfortunately i can't drive to Kuching unless my car can float lol. Injectors reccomendation? 850cc?

Thanks!
550cc may get you to maybe 325whp, 850cc will support 500whp. I'd suggest the following, since international shipping is offered:

IN900 Bosch Fuel Injector EV14 (60mm) - Injector Nation

Several people here are running IN900's with no problems on D16Z6 engines. The latest customer to hit the dyno with IN900's made 401whp with 22psi on a Holset HY35, which may be a bit bigger than that turbo. They also idle like stock. A Walbro 190lph pump will support up to 400whp, while a 255lph pump will support up to 550whp. The 255 will require an aftermarket FPR (not chinese junk) or a OEM regulator that has the larger 5/16" outlet usually found on earlier Accords & some Integras. The typical 1/4" outlet OEM FPR will see a 15-20psi increase of fuel pressure at idle, which will make tuning difficult.

PM me for more info on the injectors.

·
Registered
133 Posts
680cc injectors or more. Don't go over 1000 unless you're trying to break records.

EDIT: Listen to HiProfile about fueling and pretty much everything else, lol.

My block will be:
d16a6 crank
YCP vitara's 75.5, .005 p2w clearance <- tend to like loose clearances
Eagle rods, standard length of course
Oem bearings

Head will be:
Either y8 head or z6 head, z6 head has an insane port job on it and the Supertech valve springs/retainers installed with a delta 272-2 already. Considering swapping parts over to the y8 though, them quench pads haha
Oem 3 layer headgasket I think... Can't remember
Precision 680's
Walboro 255
AEM fpr for the heck of it, got it cheap
Edelbrock performer X intake

Turbo setup:
Intercooler says "JDM sport", a large front mount
Precision SC3431e
eBay wastegate/bov with rebuilt parts from name brand

Tuning will be on Neptune, I prefer it over s300 <- people will argue this like no other, to each his own though

I am expecting 350+ on 93.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
Run a stock FPR over that.

That's too loose on the pistons, you are wrong.

JDM Sport is great.

Cut out the American Middle Man. I'll pay the American if they can make a product of better Value.

King or Clevite or ACL will work great as bearings.

There isn't much they don't know...

That 272-2 will ruin your head and tune.

Y8 OEM HG.

Where are your ARPs.

Why are you posting your parts list here?

Make a Showcase thread for yourself and say whatever you want.

Are you HiProfile's Personal Rep Representative?

What if he don't like you and doesn't need that shit?

Real Men can take care of themselves,

and then offer help if they have the time.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I'm not making a showcase, he was asking if his parts would get him to 300. Posted my setup with same block, head just makes it easier to get there is all.
Yes arp head studs, must on any boosted setup thought you'd know that.
Yes I know king bearings and others work good
Sorry, correction, 50,000 miles on the motor itself, boosted since day one at the 400+ hp level.. daily driven *
Springs and retainers are fine
No but most others will agree HiProfile is definitely intelligent.
I do have the time, so I'm offering help in which I didn't get when I first joined.
Let's all stay on topic as we were before.
You're just Toaster being Toaster. Likely right, I always have to find out the hard way though.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I would add in a fuel pump, a walbro 255 will get you there, might as well get the HP since you're gonna have an FPR and that will give you room to grow. I would also say you are gonna be on the edge with the 550's, but you can bump fuel pressure.

From what I've seen 350 is doable on a stock intake manifold, but you might get there easier with an edelbrock or s2 intake mani. You could maybe throw in one of those thermal intake gaskets which are supposed to cut down on intake manifold heatsoak while you're in there.

75.5 YCP Vitara pistons are a good choice. Lots of people making good power on them. And they are inexpensive compared to some other options, but will be just fine for 350whp.

Also, you're gonna need a better than stock clutch to get that power to the wheels. And if you're gonna race a limited slip diff would help there too. I know those aren't engine related, but important nonetheless.

Just my thoughts. Good luck with the build!
Thanks bro for the info
Right... so to add to my list
1. Walbro 255lph - forgot about that one
2. edelbrock intake mani - Unfortunately i can't find them here in this country
3. Clutch - 6 pucks? We have a brand called infinity. Ever heard of that?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts