Honda D Series Forum banner

Will this setup handle boost??

917 views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  ryan89crx 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey Guys,

I've been N/A for awhile now and was wondering if I could go forced induction on my current setup. I'm worried about compression issues.

Current Setup:
D16a6 Motor
PM7 pistons and rods
SOHC ZC cam
Ported and Polished head
Port Matched OBX intake manifold
Adjustable cam gear
Ebay Header and full custom exhaust

This setup yeilds a 10.77:1 Compression

I was planning on installing
HF manifold with T3 adapter
T3 Turbo internally wastegated
1G DSM BOV
1G DSM Injectors
255lph Fuel Pump
FMIC
PM6 chipped with Turboedit
Half Radiator from a 92-00 Civic or Del Sol

Only planning to boost 5-10psi

I would however like to keep my A/C so I may go with a ccfab manifold

This is in an 88 CRX

Any input would be appreciated.....as far as if this would cause me problems or any other items that I would need for the setup!

See less See more
#9 ·
I woulnt run more than 7 psi "depending on size of turbo" w/out race gas IMO. Or hella good tune..

#10 ·
I'm in the Charleston SC area......anyone have any good luck with tuning nearby?? Any good shops or individuals that would be willing to tune for me and show me the ropes? I've never used Turboedit before and wouldn't really know what to look for and how to tune!

#12 ·
start at a really low psi level...like say a 3-4 psi level, and go from there...if you ahve never tuned before i would recommend NOT trying until you find someone that can help you, from my understanding turboedit is not that user friendly, and you would probably have a good chance of damaging something if you set one of the settings to high or to low...also the dyno is your friend ;)...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.