Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Guys,

I've been N/A for awhile now and was wondering if I could go forced induction on my current setup. I'm worried about compression issues.

Current Setup:
D16a6 Motor
PM7 pistons and rods
SOHC ZC cam
Ported and Polished head
Port Matched OBX intake manifold
Adjustable cam gear
Ebay Header and full custom exhaust

This setup yeilds a 10.77:1 Compression

I was planning on installing
HF manifold with T3 adapter
T3 Turbo internally wastegated
1G DSM BOV
1G DSM Injectors
255lph Fuel Pump
FMIC
PM6 chipped with Turboedit
Half Radiator from a 92-00 Civic or Del Sol

Only planning to boost 5-10psi

I would however like to keep my A/C so I may go with a ccfab manifold

This is in an 88 CRX

Any input would be appreciated.....as far as if this would cause me problems or any other items that I would need for the setup!

E

·
0 Posts
4thGEN said:
if you dont plan on boosting anymore than 10psi, your setup should be good. anymore psi than that go with forged pistons & rods to be safe. :TU:
ditto

·
Registered
41 Posts
that compression ratio is kinda high...I see your going to use turboedit. Hope you know someone who can tune it, and your not just useing someone elses program to burn onto your rom and expecting it not to blow up.
looks like a good setup though.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
I woulnt run more than 7 psi "depending on size of turbo" w/out race gas IMO. Or hella good tune..

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm in the Charleston SC area......anyone have any good luck with tuning nearby?? Any good shops or individuals that would be willing to tune for me and show me the ropes? I've never used Turboedit before and wouldn't really know what to look for and how to tune!

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
start at a really low psi level...like say a 3-4 psi level, and go from there...if you ahve never tuned before i would recommend NOT trying until you find someone that can help you, from my understanding turboedit is not that user friendly, and you would probably have a good chance of damaging something if you set one of the settings to high or to low...also the dyno is your friend ;)...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts