Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
just wondering your thoughts of this set up and if you think the pistons will handle it and what shot you think is best for the motor

D16a6 block
y8 head
new oem pm6 pistons
z6 crank and rods
oem a6 headgaket thickness
should get me around 10.6:1 compression, do you think that is too high for 100 shot? if so what about 75 shot?a lso what else would you recomend for this set up if you belive it would make it any better ie: different pistons, head, block, head mill, headgasket, rods, etc. etc.
by the way I would be using a Zex wet kit

also do you think a mini me with nitrous would make more power or be better than a all motor mini me with pm7 or p29 pistons milling the head, etc. etc. (a different combonation for high c/r) with a really high 12.5:1 to 13.0:1 compression ratio?

edit: also if you would recomend using a different block what would it be?, I have access to the folowing blocks; D16a6, D15b8, D15b2 and possibly a D15b JDM vtec

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
75 shot WET shot and you need a fuel pressure regulator set to 42psi (stock is 38)

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if you wnat 12:1 comp then your going to have to use foreiged pistons stockers won;y hold much of a nitrous shot at that comp ratio.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oscarmayer said:
if you wnat 12:1 comp then your going to have to use foreiged pistons stockers won;y hold much of a nitrous shot at that comp ratio.
yes, but I dont want to run nitrous on that high of compression, I was asking if I run nitrous if they would hold up, or if I should forget the nitrous and go all motor...

·
FF Misfit
4,881 Posts
Alot of how you do your set-up will depend on what kind of driving you intend to do. If you want a nice smooth power band, I'd go all motor but if you just plan on straight line, w/ power every now and then, I'd go w/ the nitrous. Either way, I'd get a valve job to help increase the flow in and out of the compression chambers and a cam. Also, If you mill the head, do it in .12 increments so it's easier to get your timing back on. Milling .12= 1 degree timing advance or it might retard it. can't remember which

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so OEM pistons can handle the nitrous? it wont burn holes in them? also; what size of exhaust would be best for a mini me with nitrous, 2.25"? I can get a stroma cat back 2.25" for $100.. is this a good deal?

·
FF Misfit
4,881 Posts
A good tune w/ a 75 shot and you should be pretty safe. I'd even try a 100 shot but I like to take risk and swap motors. The big thing to consider w/ nitrous is that it is like a turbo in a bottle. As I'm sure you probably know, nitrous is an oxidizer that adds additional air and facilitates your ability to add more fuel. The mixture has no prob getting in but you will want to increase your motors ability to get rid of the excess gases that occur as a result of the nitrous. Some will say 2.25 and it'll probably work fine but I'd go w/ 2.5 just to increase the motors ability to vacate the additional gasses.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts