Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 92' dx hatch with a d15b7 in it and id like to upgrade the engine a little bit. I would like to go a diffrent route than most people who go with the whole normal d-series swaps. Im wondering if it would be possible for me to put a jdm d15b vtec head on there and use my d16z6 engine harness so i dont have to splice the vtec wires into my d15 non vtec harness? Is this possible to run with a little modification..also id be using a p28 ecu which is naturally a sohc vtec ecu

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
no need for si wire harness. vtec wires will go directly to the ecu not the harness. a d15b mini me will be the exact same as swaping on a d16z6 head

and as far as searching would have told you the d15b head is similer almost exactly the same as a z6 head whch would mean you need instructions for a normal vtec mini me swap

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
if you car i deffinatly a 92 than if you use a z6 engine harness you wont have to do any wiringjust plug in the p28 and the vtec plugs for the z6 harness and your done since 92 civics are wired for vtec from the ecu to the shock tower plugs

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks guys i did soem searching and found that the head is basically a z6 head a vx civic bottom end as far as specificatiosn go ive found out??

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
BTW that isnt a diff route. there are tons like that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts