Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone see my oil breather tank filter being so close to my compressor inlet being a problem? I know that exhaust fumes getting sucked in there from an open dump tube can cause my a/f ratio to go crazy,but will fumes from this under boost do the same?.My engine bays kinda cramped so thats one of the only free places left.

(Before anyone says anything I normally run a screen on there.)

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
.My engine bays kinda cramped so thats one of the only free places left.
What i said in the first post.

All the stuff I have mounted in the engine bay:

Power steering removal kit reservoir,msd blaster ss coil and wire,mustang oil fiter and oil filter relocation kit on the strut tower, oil pressure sender, turbonetics vbc,dual stage boost controller solenoid,resistor box,lines for the catch can,and thats not including the turbo kit itself and other shit im probably forgeting like lines and wiring.That and the fact the cans kinda big but for 62 dollars brand new with fillter and internally baffled I would buy it again.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Never heard of that being an issue.On the past couple car's I've had them on I usually put them wherever space allows, and I've seen a ton of them in this spot,hell theres a c-speed racing write up of an install in the exact same spot.They work off pressure in FI builds so I don't see why it would matter,maybe so it doesn't fill up as easy or fast?

http://www.c-speedracing.com/howto/catchcan/catchcan.php

I think Im just going to finish up the new lines to it and log some runs and see what happens vs runs when i just had the lines pointed at the ground and find out for myself.

·
Registered
822 Posts
I'd throw a small filter on the turbo just for protection anyways.

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
should not be a problem where it is at, so long as the filter is on tight. when your "at speed" the gases coming from the filter will not be pulled into the turbo.

now when at idle, its possible after a 1/4 mile pass that the gases might be sucked in. but it would not be something i would worry about, as you would have to be at a stand still with the gases still venting.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Try to find a small hks type mushroom filter, if not u can always get a angled coupler and attach a little intake pipe to it and put a filter on the end of it. Kinda like a custom cold air intake or somthing of that sort...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts