Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just visted the local yard and there was a z6 and a b7 there that both had injectors and intake manifolds w/brackets. Will either of these work with my mpfi setup since I have a A6 intake manifold. Or would it be better to grab the z6 or b7 intake manifold with everything ($60) and sell the A6 one?

Also is the downpipe from the z6 better than the a6 one?

Anything else that would do me any good for a build that i can get off a z6? I have a b1 with a b2 cam right now in a 90dx, (I have a a6 cam also though)

Dysturbed

·
Registered
435 Posts
ive heard the z6 mani will werk nice for your setup

·
Registered
435 Posts
yes sir

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
You can use any of the 3 (A6, B7, Z6) and be fine.

IMO, get the complete Z6 mani and use it. Being OBD-1 doesn't matter at all. Just run all your other sensors like you are now (your MAP and purge are on the firewall; IAT is the exact same) and just do your MPFI swap like normal.

A6 and Z6 downpipes are completely different and are not interchangeable. A6 is a ghetto 4-1 2-piece, Z6 is a wimpy 4-2-1 2-piece.

A6 cam will make a huge differece. B1/B2 cams are basically the same.

·
Registered
605 Posts
i cannot use obd1 injectors due to the difference in resistance
peak and hold vs. saturated
what ever you do use the injectors from the a6

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So what you guys are saying is go get the z6 intake manifold for 60 (grab the cam too sell it also) Sell the injectors and my a6 intake manifold. Then Use the Z6 intake manifold grab a set of A6 Injectors and a wiring harness (with resistor box) and a ECU and wire it up and im done?

Dysturbed

1 - 8 of 8 Posts