Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im just about to order this manifold the ghetto ass 1 i built will work but its pretty damn ghetto lol.

manifold
http://www.streetimports.com/product_details.asp?id=726

i was looking at the link in miked16z6's profile about how he had to make a elbow and it got me wondering if i would have to do it with this manifold. with the WG flange being on the top of the mani. i think i would need to get a elbow fabed up to move the WG down to close the hood correctly. correct?

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Depend I guess. I had a friend that was using the same manifold and he didn't use any eblow. But he was using the deltagate mark 2 though.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea the WG im gonna run is a knock off tial xspower and its pretty tall so i dont think the hood will close with it standing up

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
iirc, drunk doesn't have one on his EG. i would think you would be ok, since there is a little room under our ("EK") hoods. but you don't have to make one, as they sell the elbow on ebay. well they sell a rev hard cast elbow anyway. also i know others have had no boost crep issues with that manifold on a d. but i would still look into a manifold with a centralized wg location.

btw: you should look into the FS section. there is someone there selling a cast manifold w/ an elbow that will clear an "EK" hood.

·
Registered
13,322 Posts
In my friends Del Sol, there's a slight dimple where the top nipple touched the hood a few times. He uses the same cast mainfold with a Tial Sport 35/38mm WG.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
iirc, drunk doesn't have one on his EG. i would think you would be ok, since there is a little room under our ("EK") hoods. but you don't have to make one, as they sell the elbow on ebay. well they sell a rev hard cast elbow anyway. also i know others have had no boost crep issues with that manifold on a d. but i would still look into a manifold with a centralized wg location.

btw: you should look into the FS section. there is someone there selling a cast manifold w/ an elbow that will clear an "EK" hood.
i have been looking for the sale thread u know what it is?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts