Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im swapping out my z6 shortblock for an a6 block...pretty much doing a mini me. i will still be turboed, but since my ecu is already tuned, do i need to retune it? also, its tuned at 8.5psi, im going to drop down to 7, do i need a retune as well?

another question...can i reuse my tapped z6 pan without using the pickup. i searched everywhere and all is see are questions about the a6 pan on the z6, but needing to use the z6 pick up.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
yes the oil pan will fit. i used a z6 oil pan on my b2.

also yeah dude retune.

also why lowering the boost 1.5 psi? just curious.

·
insert user title here
3,014 Posts
i wouldn't retune it because of the boost drop. id retune it more because of swapping blocks. rebuilding the motor means new rings, different compression ratio etc..
but if you just want to lower boost without swapping blocks or any other internal mods i think you should be fine.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
i think youd be fine. considering there are tons of people boostin everyday on basemaps. haha

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
im swapping out my z6 shortblock for an a6 block...pretty much doing a mini me. i will still be turboed, but since my ecu is already tuned, do i need to retune it? yes, you will need to adjust your ignition map. the fuel should be good still. also, its tuned at 8.5psi, im going to drop down to 7, do i need a retune as well? no, re-tune for lowering pressure is not required. as long as you don't go above the pressure your tuned for.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
I thought a6 and z6 were the same bottom end basicly? Or does one have more CR than the other>?

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
oh aite, yeah exactly what you said then. thats why I said heshould be fine, thought it was basicly all the same....

ps...will I need to do a retune since im adding my 255lph pump now?

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
ps...will I need to do a retune since im adding my 255lph pump now?
i don't see why you would. since the pressure is still the same, it would not effect how much the injectors would spray. now if you changed fuel pressure (in a big way, up or down), you will want to get a re-tune. or at the very least run a WB while running through the fuel map/s, to verify any changes in a/f still kept you in the "green".

1 - 20 of 24 Posts