Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
e.g 4 door
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just swapped out my b7 for a y7 due to the burning of oil caused by fried rings just finished the dropping in and hooking up the harness. the starter turns the engine but not fast enough or with enough power to actually fire. is this due to the fact the i am using a 1.5L starter in a 1.6L? or is that completely unrelated? please help i am completely stuck on what the issue is. :wtf:

·
Registered
e.g 4 door
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
checked both already the starter is spinning but is really hesitating i have pulled the started and tried to spin the crank by hand but something is locked up inside the engine was fine before i dropped it in the car and so was the tranny the fluid that came out of the tranny was burn and smelled pretty bad. is it posable the the tranny is the issue or am i looking at a bent crank or bad rod bearing?

·
ministry of mayhem!
93 honda integra
5,673 Posts
checked both already the starter is spinning but is really hesitating i have pulled the started and tried to spin the crank by hand but something is locked up inside the engine was fine before i dropped it in the car and so was the tranny the fluid that came out of the tranny was burn and smelled pretty bad. is it posable the the tranny is the issue or am i looking at a bent crank or bad rod bearing?
dude... stop now. compression in the engine won't let you turn the engine by hand, and if you do that's a risky move. you can get hurt.

check the starter. spinning doesn't mean it posesses the strenght to turn the flywheel which i turn turns the crank.

·
Registered
e.g 4 door
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i pulled the plugs out before doing so as well as the dizzy i am just asking if i have a bad auto tranny..... (i dont know shit about auto trannys) if i do that will provent the engine from turning correct?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts