Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

So ive been working on a Turbo build for a 1992 EG D16Z6 UKDM and ive got it all back together and trying to get it to fire up into life.

It is turning over but wont start. Ive got fuel and spark. I have jumped the OBD 2 pin plug and is showing code 0. It is either ECU, MAP or Fuel Pump Relay(not the fuel pump as I can hear it prime). I have socketed the ECU and put a stock map on it but adjusted for the larger injectors but there is always the possibility I damaged the ECU during the chipping process.

I know the Map on the chip is ok as the burner I use validates the data after the write.

My question is if the ECU is toast would a spark still be generated? Just some ideas on it would be good before I go out and buy a new ECU.

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi All,

Sorry this is a double post. Originally put it in Electrical section.

So ive been working on a Turbo build for a 1992 EG D16Z6 UKDM and ive got it all back together and trying to get it to fire up into life.

It is turning over but wont start. Ive got fuel and spark. I have jumped the OBD 2pin plug and is showing code 0. It is either ECU, MAP or Fuel Pump Relay(not the fuel pump as I can hear it prime). I have socketed the ECU and put a stock map on it but adjusted for the larger injectors but there is always the possibility I damaged the ECU during the chipping process.

I know the Map on the chip is ok as the burner I use validates the data after the write.

My question is if the ECU is toast would a spark still be generated? Just some ideas on it would be good before I go out and buy a new ECU.

Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts