Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
2002 Toyota Tundra
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

I have been looking around the web and have found some basic info, but not the specifics I am looking for. I have a 2000 Acura Integra GSR 4dr that I am parting out and a EG hatch I am building. What I am looking to do is simply drop the subframe off of the GSR with power steering rack and put it into the EG. According to what I have read the subframe will fit, but will I have issues with the motor or transmission mounts for my D16? Are there any other issues I should be aware of or need to worry about? Thank you!

· Registered
2002 Toyota Tundra
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you guys are wondering why I am not putting the B-series motor into my EG the answer is simple. There was no motor to swap in as the GSR was a theft recovery. The only thing left on the car was the suspension and body panels. I am taking what I can and selling off the rest. Plus, I am building a nasty D series motor from the ground up.

· Registered
2002 Toyota Tundra
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
One last thing, do I have to worry about going from a 4Dr DC to a Hatch EG? My thought is, no problem because Honda utilized the same subframe for 2 and 4dr ... right?

BLK92 D16 thanks for the props on the D16 build! I will start posting a log here before long. It has been a slow project, but hopefully by next spring I will for sure be smokin some tires!

· Registered
18,597 Posts
yes. 39 posts made today. mostly in the showcase section. his post has been flagged.

what other kinds of people make posts like that, that you know of? i'll give you a hint. it starts with "s" and ends with "r". ;) ;)

· Registered
95 ex coupe
5,980 Posts
yes. 39 posts made today. mostly in the showcase section. his post has been flagged.

what other kinds of people make posts like that, that you know of? i'll give you a hint. it starts with "s" and ends with "r". ;) ;)
glad someone is lookingout!

· Registered
eg sedan
196 Posts
i wouldnt used that subframe... just grab the "vtec bar" off it and be done with it.

why? its heavier is my only reason :lol:
i didn't notice that big a difference it cant weigh that much more not only do you get the front strut bar but you take your LCAS and get the sway bar 2

i took an onramp @ 45 max before i did the swap now im taking it at 60-75ish

the swap is worth it

oh i have an all motor high comp d15b7block/y8 head no track times yet but its pullin on b-series all day

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.