Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Yes, but only if you have a cable tranny car, like the EF, which im assuming you do

C

·
0 Posts
graveltravel said:
yes, its going into an 88 hf crx.
well since the cable b16 trans will fit, will the b18 ( ls ) trans bolt up also?
if its the 90-93 cable LS then yes, but I don't know if you need any other parts like different mounts or such. (anybody else on this one?)

the 88-91 CRX or CIVIC have the same chassis as the 90-93 integra

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
slebidia said:
A cable B-series transmission will not bolt up to a D-series block. No B-series transmissions will bolt up to D-series blocks period.
That is what I was going too say! :)

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
You can change the FD in Dx tranny to SI ^^^^

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
slebidia said:
You need to be more specific. You can change the FD to the FD from an Si from a D-series transmission.
How do you figure.?? Its pretty self explanitory..

C

·
0 Posts
Oops, didn't read your post properly. I thought you were bolting an LS tranny to a b16. But ya, only D-series trannies to D-series blocks and B trannies to B blocks.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thats what i thought to, but my friend and several other people say that a 89 -91 civic si cable trans will bolt right up with no problems. thats why i made this topic.
but on the other hand, whats an hd?

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
hd = hard drive...

i think you mean FD, which is final drive.

Think of it like an overall gear that affects all the gears in your transmission. 1st, 2nd, 3rd gear, etc... all have gear ratios that indicate how they affect each other. Like if you rev to 7200rpm and then shift to 2nd, the gear ratio tells you what rpm you'll be in after the shift.

The final drive is the gear that transfers all this to the wheels. The larger your final drive, the more torque the transmission can transfer from the engine to the wheels. Basically, you will be shifting more frequently, but you'll accelerate faster.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts