Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. here's the delima... I've got a D16Z6 swap into my 92 civic HB, but the engine code is coming up a 26. I think the guy that did the swap put an auto ECU into a Manual car... by the way I have a 5 speed manual...
I have the opportunity to get a manual ecu from a 97 civic.. with a D16Y8 engine in it... i cant remember which ecu it is... but its a manual..
Can i use this... or will i have to find a manual P28 ecu?

·
Registered
00' Honda Civic EX
1,540 Posts
pretty much, the answer is NO lol. You need a p28 ECU and you're set. Look on eBay or in the classifieds.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
would there be any way to reprogram the ecu i have? sorry guys, i'm really new to this stuff.... sounds like i'm just gonna have to go get a manual p28...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sorry guys, the code i'mcoming up with is 19 - auto trans lockup control valve....... thats the only code i'm throwing....

·
Registered
00' Honda Civic EX
1,540 Posts
Oh ok that's cool. Then just get yourself a manual ECU and you're good to go. Just so you know from now on though, there's timing differences in the y8 (p2p OBDII) and a z6 (p28 OBDI) and if you hook a p2p ecu up to a z6 then it's going to idle like total shit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts