Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Adia's Daddy
2004 Honda Element
3,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
just as the title says, i have an '88 Civic sedan which is equipped with a 5-speed. im currently juggling the idea of a 5-speed conversion and i am going to try and salvage as many parts as i can from my old winter beater before i have it hauled away.

the shifter and linkage are still on the car and taking them off won't be too much of a problem. as well, the plate used to mount the shifter and coverthe hole in the floor for it i can remove as well and transfer to my '95. i would like to try and use as many parts as i can because i'm ballin on a budget :p.

i have from the shift knob to the transmission and everything in between. not sure if the pedal assembly will work or not but the more parts i can use the better it will be for me. i figured the shifter might work as well as the clutch slave cylinder but i havent had a good look at everything yet so the only parts im sure about is the shifter mechanism itself and the floor plate for it.

any and all help from the tranny gurus here would be GREATLY appreciated.

thanks guys

p.s. anyone let me know ASAP if the shifter boot from the center console of my '88 will work in a '95 center shifter console? they look like they are all the same and they attach the same way (slide the rails into the underside of the console and screw it down). i have the shifter knob and boot on ebay right now but if it will work i'll pull the auction and keep it because no one is watching it.

·
Adia's Daddy
2004 Honda Element
3,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Bedtime

Anyone? Anyone?

Beuller? Beuller?

Come on guys someone HAS to know this. I need to get the eyesore out of the driveway and i dont want to let good parts go with it. I guess if i dont hear anything within the next few weeks i'm just going to pull everything in the engine bay and underneath and throw out into the scrap bin at work whatever won't work or I can't sell.

Any help would be great guys thanks :TU: :TU:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts