Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello!

I have milling machine and little lathe machine.

I'm thinking to machine a b20 valves that i can get from one friend, from crv engine, and modify to fit on my D16A8 (Dohc ZC) head, they are stronger that dohc zc valves???

At the moment i have this pieces on my block:

-75mm D16Z6 JE SRP pistons 11.5 on D16Z6, aprox 9 on my dohc zc.
-Eagle Hbeams Connecting rods
-Stock crankshaft
-Stock sleeves
-Crankshaft and rods bearings from king bearings
-Stock head
-Arp head studs
-450cc dsm injectors
-255LPH fuel pump
-Garret GT25 from Nissan Terrano 2.7 Turbo Diesel
-Home made Headers
-New Water and oil pump
-Intercooler for crx, custom piping
-Modified PM7 ecu (OBD0) with 28C256 chip with two maps, one daily on low (0-127), and the aggressive on (128-255), i will use one switch to switch the map on the pin 8 that provides 0V or 5V.

The engine looks like as new, no scratches on sleeves and crankshaft,was from 94' Honda concerto, its grandfather car with non aggressive setup, is a real dohc zc but with conservative ecu, cuts 7000, only 110hp, this engine with my ecu cuts 8000 (oem dohc zc ecu) and 130hp.

If putting this valves on my head will make a better engine i can try milling the b20 valves.

I want to run on 10psi aprox, maybe 15psi max, because i use my car daily.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
68 Camaro
4,583 Posts
why do you say b20 nonvtec valves are stronger. and how much freakin time do you have on your hands jeez dude

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
the valves are coated in a nitirde coating. thats why they are black. it would be very pointless to do that even if you have the tools

·
Registered
crx
39 Posts
The b20 valves have larger stem diameters, and the installed height is different. You can try it but looks like a lot of work. And for being stronger, they might be before you modify them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts