Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
90 CRX Si
3,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, we actually took a vacation with her family to Scarborough Renaissance Faire (something I've gone with them too since we started dating in 05) in Waxahachie around Dallas. They appeased me by going to Dallas Karting Complex last year, and went back this year. That was the first karting I'd done, so this time I had a bit of an idea what to do. I wanted to qualify for the faster GTMax kart, and needed a 79 second time to do so.

First heat out, I had a tire start going down about lap 3 (didn't realize this at the time) and was flat by the end of the session but ran a 79.2. Still fun, her brothers and grandfather were out there as well.

The second session my camera apparently got some condensation, but I got a 76.7 to qualify for the GTMax kart. This was my wife driving on this camera. She's never done any motorsports other than last year trying this, so I'm pretty proud of her for pushing it more this time, and dropped 5 seconds off our first session. Same group plus two random folks who joined

Here's my heat when I rented the GTMax kart, and her brothers still had the regular karts. Her older brother (the one who got stuck in this video) was just over a second from qualifying for the faster kart. Also, these things are brutal on the arms and hands! I was already wore out from the first two sessions, and you really had to pitch this thing in hard so I was cramping by the end of this one.

·
B-series Destroyer
4g 4d civic
913 Posts
That is so sweet. Pretty sure I have never been on a kart that fast. I would have been giggling too.

Your wife looked like she was making some clean corners until she started to get worn out.

·
Registered
90 CRX Si
3,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm jealous!
I wish it wasn't four hours away, or i'd be there all the time!

That is so sweet. Pretty sure I have never been on a kart that fast. I would have been giggling too.

Your wife looked like she was making some clean corners until she started to get worn out.
She would make some good lines then blow other turns lol but I think if she would follow me she could see the lines and do well. I was just proud she did it, I can't even get her to ride with me at autocross.

·
Registered
477 Posts

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
Looks like a good time. I need to find a local track. I have only been once, in the lower class cars but it was a blast. We have Malibu Grand Prix out here but it is kind of weak. This track looks way more intense and faster in your vids.

·
endo_bobo
1998 Civic Sedan
877 Posts
Been to Scarborough many many times since I was little. Never knew about this though. You can rent them like a Speed Zone or something? Cost?

Looks real fun.

·
Registered
90 CRX Si
3,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Been to Scarborough many many times since I was little. Never knew about this though. You can rent them like a Speed Zone or something? Cost?

Looks real fun.
Where you at in Tejas anywho?

You still go? I've been every year since my wife and I have been together, so this was my 10th time I think. I started with just some scrub pants and a peasant shirt (because if you go with my in-laws, you have to dress up), to full fledged garb now that people stop us for pictures lol. Plus, this is northeast of Dalllas in Caddo Mills right off I30. Kinda out of my way coming back from Dallas, but worth it.

WTF a huge open track?! Thats fucken awesome!

The only good one we have in our area is Le Mans Karting.
Yeah, it's definitely open. I've never been to any other ones for comparison though. Nola Motorsports Park has some arrive and drive karts and tons of track configurations but I've never been and it's about as far as this one.

·
endo_bobo
1998 Civic Sedan
877 Posts
Where you at in Tejas anywho?

You still go? I've been every year since my wife and I have been together, so this was my 10th time I think. I started with just some scrub pants and a peasant shirt (because if you go with my in-laws, you have to dress up), to full fledged garb now that people stop us for pictures lol. Plus, this is northeast of Dalllas in Caddo Mills right off I30. Kinda out of my way coming back from Dallas, but worth it.
Hour north of Dallas. I haven't been in years, the group I'd go with just kinda stopped. You see Twig the Fairy there? She's smokin' hot.

·
Registered
90 CRX Si
3,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hour north of Dallas. I haven't been in years, the group I'd go with just kinda stopped. You see Twig the Fairy there? She's smokin' hot.
Yeah she is! Unfortunately she hasn't been there the last two years, but I've got a picture I'll post up when I get home of the last time she was there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts