Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
i shoot stuff
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just swapped a d15b in my eg and after about 3 weeks is started making a realy wierd noise. It kinda sounds like a washer vibrating on a loose bolt but more hollow. If that makes sense.
I looked around and didnt see anything off hand that was loose, but i will look more in depth tommorrow. At an idle it doesnt make the sound, and at a select few rpm positions, my guess is b/c the motor is vibrating less. Anyone have any ideas on what this could be or some simple things i should look at first.

·
i shoot stuff
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
exhaust is as follows = dc header, 4ft of pipe, high flow cat, 2 ft of pipe, aerospeed muffler

everything is welded except the header/pipe connection which was tight this morning, b/c i noticed it this morning.

i changed my alternater belt this morning as well so i wioll go back and check all of those bolts and stuff

·
i shoot stuff
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i think i fixed it

i was thinking about the header/pipe bolts and had to go check , it was really bothering me. they were still tight. but the sound did sould like it cud be exhaust related (vibration sensitive)
my o2 sensor was loose, that is probably why it sounde like it was an internal noise to me

i now sit here relieved, feeing really dumb

1 - 4 of 4 Posts