Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i vaccum around 10 ib idle and i get idle surge. i tried adjusting the screw ontop of the tb. if i rev it up and let go it will go to 20 in vac. ive checke the vac lines and nothings. my car isnt tuned, would that be the cause. maybe i could try another persons tune. i have an eprom. im also using crome

heres my setup:

750cc siemns injectors
skunk 2 im
vitara pistons.
d16zc sohc
sfab ramhorn
t3/t4
crome

anyhelp qould be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i removed all vaccums and left only the fpr and the boost guage. retorque the head and it is still vac at 10 11. when i accelerate it goes to 0 then to 20 then back to 10.. any suggestions.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it idles between 500 and 750. it bounces from 10 to 11. the car runs great though. im just trying to fix that idle. where should the vaccum be, 15 to 20??

·
Registered
Honda Civic
2,261 Posts
well...now it sounds more like a idle problem rather then a vacuum problem...
you may wanna look & clean (if needed) the screen on the iacv...

& then ...my suggestion would be to check the fitv sensor...I believe its called...
you can take that out...screw it all the way down..put it back together ..your idle would be gold...

but yea..
it seems like a idle problem...nothing to do with vacuum...
idle problem will cause the vacuum to go where ever..

edit:
mine use to jump like that...
alot of the times...
but doing the things I listed above fixed rough idle

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i cleaned the iacv before i built the engine. where is the fit. i know there is a screw on the top of the tb.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
my tb doesnt have that. i burned another chip with some one elses tune and the idle is alot better and its vacuming around 15. thanx for your help. btw do you have a bin of your tune?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts