Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need some help to figure out whats wrong with my 00 si,

i was driving home and all the sudden the car started to shake like if one of my wheels was loose, so i pulled over and checked my lug nuts to see if maybe some had come loose but they were all tight, i kept driving real easy trying to make it home and i notice that it only happend when i gave it gas and when i pushed in the clutch the shaking would stop...WTF????

i checked the struts, LCA ball joints and wheel bearings and they all seem to be fine

am i missing something??? i cant figure out what the cause is....

thanks in advance for any help

·
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread
ES1 Civic
11,969 Posts
i kept driving real easy trying to make it home and i notice that it only happend when i gave it gas and when i pushed in the clutch the shaking would stop...WTF????
the only thing that comes to mind is the throw-out bearing, but i dont see how that would make the whole car shake....

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the only thing that comes to mind is the throw-out bearing, but i dont see how that would make the whole car shake....
yeah it shakes really bad, like i said its like if one o the wheels was about to come off

·
ES1 Civic
11,969 Posts
is ALL (and i mean "ALL") of your suspension components tight & in place, in full functioning order? have you toyed with any of it?

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
is ALL (and i mean "ALL") of your suspension components tight & in place, in full functioning order? have you toyed with any of it?
i took the spindel (spelling?) off the lower control arm to take the axels out when i did the swap but i checked that today and it was all good

·
ES1 Civic
11,969 Posts
Hmmmm... this is very peculiar. i.... i dont fuckin' know what it could be. anybody else have any input. help your d-series brethren.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
inner cv joint.

happened to me a couple months ago after a big clutch dump :slap:
felt like the engine/tranny was gonna fall out of the car. lol.

·
Registered
13 Posts
any clunking noises? shakes at low speed? does shake frequency increase with speed? wag your steering back and forth while coasting and listen.

when did you do the swap?

you didn't mention if it pulls/drifts in one direction or another.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks for all the input

ive checked all the stuff mention above except for the axles them selfs, the axle nut was the first thing that came to mind but that wasnt the problem

no, it doesnt pull or drift in any direction, its just shakes like if the car was about to fall apart, there is no noise just shaking. it happends at all speeds as long as i give it gas but as soon as i push in the clutch and just let it coast it rides perfectly fine

WTF????

·
ES1 Civic
11,969 Posts
damn son. im worried about this like its my car... this shit has got me stumped!

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
inner cv joint.

happened to me a couple months ago after a big clutch dump :slap:
felt like the engine/tranny was gonna fall out of the car. lol.
BINGO!

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!!

checked it today...

inner CV joint was FUBAR, replaced the whole axle and problem solved

thanks for all the help guys! :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts