Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I blew up my old D15B1 and put a new one into my car. But now when i start it it idles way up at around 3000rpms and kind of steadily climbs to around 3500rpms and drops again to 3000. At the same time my speedo is reading like 25-30 mph and im not even moving...I can not for the life of me figure out what is going on with this, if i unplug my idle valve the rpms will go down to 2000 and stay there. There are no vac leaks anywhere, all sensors are connected in the right places, all hoses are in the right places, my throttle cable is on correct and adjusted correct. The car sounds normal and everything but the idle is high..and when i got to drive it; it drives just fine till i go to let it idle again and its still at 2000(with the idle air control valve sensor unplugged). If anyone has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated cause i have done everything i can possibly think of at this point. Thanks.

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
07' Odyssey 07'Magnum
5,973 Posts
you prolly have a vacum leak, need to check all your hoses and make sure you dont have any ports on your intake that arent hooked up... also, double check you pcv valve... as high as the idle is im thinking there may be a small leak at the iacv...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you prolly have a vacum leak, need to check all your hoses and make sure you dont have any ports on your intake that arent hooked up... also, double check you pcv valve... as high as the idle is im thinking there may be a small leak at the iacv...
This has been going for for a few weeks now andi have been tryin to figure it out. I have even replaced the iacv and some of the vac hoses that were old. It's the dual point injection so i have black canister on the firewall that says pcv no the top of it, all those hoses are connected right and there are no ports on the intake.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.