Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the last 2 months my check engine light has been comming on and off. The code I have been getting tells me that one of my o2 sensors is bad (on a y5 btw), but the light comes on for about a week and then turns off for about a week. Any thoughts? I wondered if maybe it's an electrical problem, but every other electrical app. is running fine. Thanks for any help.
-d

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
Now that I think about it my o2 sensor was doing that same thing when it went out. I replaced it and it went away. Make sure all your grounds are good and clean as well.

O yeah, first try resetting your ecu...........

·
Registered
93 Posts
It can

Y5 = HX correct?

Hope it's not the 5-wire O2 that's taking a crap on you and check out OxygenSensors.com. They have a universal unit for ~$50. I picked up one for my Cx for $20.

·
Registered
Honda Civic LX
402 Posts
yeah could be gettin some cloggin going on...as mentioned above..reset ecu..just disconnect ur negative terminal..1 minute..put it back...take her for a drive..if it comes back..just get urself a new O2..i got the bosch from autozone 90 bucks:hammer: ..lol..but w/e..installed it..bam CEL gone.. and my gas mileage rose back up..

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the insights guys. I'm going to try reseting first, and then see about cleaning it off. Hope I don't need a new one (damn hx...:cussing: )
-d

·
Registered
Honda Civic LX
402 Posts
don't you get a $20 gas card if you buy an o2 sensor at autozone? Plus you get your card pucnhed, :)
if i was s'posed to..then damn they played me..cause i didnt get any gas card...but i did get my autozone rewards!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts