Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone who's on a budget is looking for lighter,wider wheels can go to a junkyard and look for a watercooled VW. the bolt spacing is the same but the back spacing is a little off but it's okay. these wheels ae lighter and wider than some stock Honda wheels

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
right! there's a guy on www.reppepperracing.com that did this. i think he said they were like 15 by 7. he doesn't give an exact model either. but i'm going to look for some today and I'll let you know

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
i used to have a 92 jetta before my civic.. i know some bout vw's. ;)

edit: if your talking bout the wheels in the pic below they came off a 90-93 corrado g60. they are old school speedlines :D

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually, those are 14x6 CSA rims. I believe the VW rims he is referring to are these:

Not sure what car they came off of, but they are 13x6, and are somewhat heavy.

Tom

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well speedlines came on 90-93 corrados. they look exactly like that, my bad

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No worries. That style wheel is pretty common, from lots of manufacturers. But I should know, that was my car.

·
Registered
141 Posts
dont quote me on this but ive heard you can use the disk brakes of of a vw corrado for a big brake upgrade im not to sure on the years but i found it somewhere on the web

·
Registered
78 Posts
i got cheap 15x7's on mine.., they are american racing(old ass ones that had the center caps) they are only 15lbs... I paid 280canadian w/ michelin xgt v4's. It's a little ghetto but i like them.

cheap... check
light... check
wide... check
look good... check(imo)

heres a pick.

·
Registered
122 Posts
If all else fails, and for some reason you need some crazy wide rims, it is tough to beat diamond racing rims on price http://www.diamondracingwheels.com/ - typically ~$100 for 15DiaX10"+ wide in chrome - less in black or silver. Requires speical lug nuts, and ain't the lightest rims in the world, but price is reasonable, and you can get rims that look like a dern spool of thread if you want - made to order, usually takes a month or so to get them- any backspacing you need. This is what I'm planning on using on my Opel GT - which does not have a d-series motor in it ;-( but does have a 4X100 bolt pattern - tough to find crazy wide rims in that bolt pattern. May require some significant fender removal to fit those monsters under typical streetcar body work. (then again, why would any typical street car need 10"+ wide rims?)

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
or you could go with 11lbs mazda miata 7 spoke wheels. They're 14X6. I'm trading a fella whose putting a ford 302 in his miata for some steelies since he can't use the wheels anyway.

·
Curious George
'99 LX Civic Sedan
3,569 Posts
Look mine, it's VW mags, I only get some trouble with centering hub, but I machined a ring for them. looks great, light and different.

Attachments

·
Curious George
'99 LX Civic Sedan
3,569 Posts
FooSchnickens said:
wait a tick......

Nothing like some 15" 215s to give a little more grip 8)
Sorry but 205 of my kind of tire is enough large for now.. nice grip, nice to do not have much weight, and too much friction when you accelerate or race. I liked when last winter I put 185/60/r14... acceleration are better when less large.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts