Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
should the wideband be installed before or after the manifold or does it matter?

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Last. you just run 02 into mani, then plug it up too wires that lead too wideband..

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it matters, you need it down in the DP collector were they sit on the obd-1 cars. These are heated O2 sensors and they use heat to calculate a/f ratio. It is not meant to be in the manifold.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the wideband is currently in the hf manifold i have and the stock o2 sensor is in the exhaust housing on the turbo. i'm gonna switch these but how far does the wideband have to be from the turbo, will it be fine in the exhaust housing?

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What brand is it? It need to be in the dp right before were the cat would be.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
there is no cat, so what your saying is i need to weld a bung in somewhere by where the cat would be because the wideband can't be close to the turbo?

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
plx says:
Mount the wideband oxygen sensor before the catalytic converter and at least 24 inches downstream from your engine block or turbo for optimal performance. The sensor element will fail if it is exposed to exhaust gas temperatures above 850 deg Celsius. If you plan to replace your stock narrowband oxygen sensor with the PLX wideband, please read PLXApp004 online for more information. The sensor will directly screw into an 18mm X 1.5mm pitch sensor bung.
and aem says:
Mount the O2 sensor in the exhaust system at least 18 inches downstream from the exhaust port. If you anticipate high EGT’s (over 800C), run a turbocharger, run at high RPM for extended periods of time or plan on running leaded race fuel then you must mount the sensor at least 36 inches or more downstream of the exhaust port as all of these can cause the sensor to overheat.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i'm going to have to have a word with the shop that installed it because he had the fuckin installation instructions and still installed it in the manifold.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
do you think it would have damaged the wideband driving with it in the manifold for less than an hour?

·
Premium Member
5,910 Posts
No but I would move it ASAP. Mine is just after my oil pan in the DP. The stock o2 is about 4 inches behind it. Yes I have 2 o2's :p

1 - 13 of 13 Posts