Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
milano red ej8
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i have a lc-1 with the db gauge. i pretty much 100% sure its wired and grounded properly cause i ran it on my car before i put my kit on in the same exact location as my turbo down pipe, and it read perfectly fine. But here comes the problem when i put my turbo kit on and instal the sensor in my down pipe it reads 21.9 dead lean. So i moved it up closer to the turbo and then the reading got better, 16.5 ish to like 18.6 ish. Idk what is going on with it. I am running dsm 450's that i just got back from injector rehab and they all tested 100% fine. Which btw when i put the injectors in and started the car before i put the turbo on it ran really rich at idle 12.0. I'm waiting on a new base map to come in and we'll see how it works when it gets here.

So has anyone had this issue? or have any suggestions as to what the problem may be? Any help is greatly appriciated. thanks in advance.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Position of sensor can cause odd readings. Have you called their tech support? They are very helpful. They where on the phone with me for over 30min diagnosing a prob I had and I bought it used from someone.

·
Registered
milano red ej8
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no i havent tried calling yet. i guess i could try that. this thing has less than 2k miles on it. i bought it brand new. i'm kinda hoping its just the base map i have is bad. its just weird that before i put my turbo kit on i had my 450 injectors and my base map installed and it idled at 12.0 then i install the turbo and it leans way out. could the size of the turbo change the afr's at idle? the turbo the base map was for it a sr20 t25 and the turbo i ened up using is a garrett gt2560r.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Size of turbo shouldn't have a effect at idle because you are not producing boost. Now if you are tuned for one and you swap do another that has diff power bands and stuff like that and you are getting odd readings at boost then yeah that would be tune. But idle shouldn't be any different.

·
Registered
milano red ej8
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats what i was thinking. i do know that i forgot to tell the place i got the map from that i wasnt gonna be running any o2 sensors. would that cause a problem? i'm just so frustraited with this all i just want to sell everything.

·
Registered
78 Posts
If your going to make drastic changes to your setup like adding a turbo expect your afr's to change.
You went from no turbo to a turbo you afr changed why does this surprise you ?
this is true but he said at a idle i dont believe their would be that much of a change if any at all if hes not driving and it could be possible that the wideband sensor went bad

·
Registered
My civic
2,340 Posts
Check it. Do a fresh air calibration on your LC-1 and then start your car within a few min you should have a 12-13:1 afr reading from your rich idle. When you unplug a ground or a hot from the LC-1 it loses its "memory" for fresh air. Google LC-1 wideband fresh air calibration for instructions. Its fairly simple but i havent done mine in like 4 months so i cant remember off the top of my head.

·
Registered
My civic
2,340 Posts

·
Registered
milano red ej8
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok so i looked at all today and noticed a hole where i had welded the wideband bung on. i must have burnt throught it when welding. so i sealed that up today and i also recalibrated it using the maual WORD FOR WORD and put it all back together. Now it all seems fine. SO thanks everyone for all the input.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts