Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
d-series smartass
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i tried splicing my plx into my ecu harness, so it would not use the stock o2 sensor. i t-tapped it in at first to the ecu, and got a cel. then i crimped the wideband narrow output wire directly to the o2 wire, leaving the stocker disconnected, and have a cel. i also have a capacitor soldered in and grounded to the chassis, and the wideband is also t-tapped to the chassis. then, i was getting pissed and put the stock wires back together, and still a cel. it flashes one slow flash every three seconds for infinity, so i'm sure it's a cel 1...any thoughts?

i'm guessing maybe i fouled them both from running a rich map for about 50 miles, the first 50 the car has moved. but that doesn't seem right...

O

·
0 Posts
pull the battery neg cable, let it stay off for min of 3 min. then reconnect. that should resolve the cel with the stocker replaced. sure you wired it correctly (WB O2)? If you get it wrong at all it will cause issues. you may have to get a helms manual out with wiring diagrams to ensure it gets wired in correctly. coler to coler is not alwyas the correct method.

·
d-series smartass
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Honda4VW said:
Always best to wire in wideband seperate of your stock o2 sensor system. This will allow your ecu to retain full control of your o2 sensor (which the ecu likes btw)
will do.

Honda4VW said:
O2 sensor heater issue?
i tried to disable it in uberdata....

oscarmayer said:
pull the battery neg cable, let it stay off for min of 3 min. then reconnect. that should resolve the cel with the stocker replaced. sure you wired it correctly (WB O2)? If you get it wrong at all it will cause issues. you may have to get a helms manual out with wiring diagrams to ensure it gets wired in correctly. coler to coler is not alwyas the correct method.
i used the plx diagram... gray is narrowband output, white is wb. the stock o2 is a white wire that i spliced into, according to my chilton's.

SOHC_Rules said:
if its one long flash, wouldnt that be cel 10? cel 1 would be a quick flash, pause, quick flash, pause, etc...
it's a slow blink with a pause inbetween... could be a cel 10!! fuck

·
the hard-parker
4,257 Posts
yeah, its cel 10. i thought i had a code list around, but i don't. anybody have one? i'd like to have it around...

·
d-series smartass
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well, i figured out why i was getting the o2 cell, and that was the one i was getting... the seal on my turbo is bad, blowing oil from the exhaust side, soaking my o2 and wb o2 in oil. woopee!! what next?

D

·
0 Posts
In the past I have taken out the heated stock O2, set it back by the rear mount so it will not jump around, put the wideband in the pipe, then like you said used the narrow band output from the plx into the O2 wire on the ecu.

OR
disable O2 heater code in uber and remove the stock O2 entirely

OR
run in non O2 loop.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts