Honda D Series Forum banner

Wideband and EGT gauge

668 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  ZBKC420 
#1 ·
Hi, recently bought SAFC to tune my car myself and did some reach and a lot of article that I’ve read that I need to have windband and egt gauge if tuning by yourself but I’m not sure if need it on my current setup. I’m running a d16y7 with y8 IM and injectors, delta 272 cams, 421 headers, 2.25 straight pipe exhaust and aem cam.

#4 ·
I'm considering an egt gauge as well, am already sporting a wb02. I've never tuned turbo, and am unsure about the use of the egt in tuning so I'm doing a lot of pre build learning at the moment. In a n/a application I don't see em used a lot by Joe street guy. I'd assume it is used for tuning for economy at cruise? And turbos are a new story

#5 ·
#6 ·
I would recommend to get wide band no w=mater what!

It will help you tremendously. Its just gonna keep you from blowing your Sh$%.

I use mtxl 3918 guage with a Bosche LSU 4.9 wideband 17025. When i built my first turbo the wideband helped me get my fuel in order before tuning it. I wanted to see what the stock ecu was doing to my fuel so when i hooked up my s300 i could easily go off my stock fuel set up and go bit by bit.

Currently at idle my AF is around 13.5

Driving im around 14.2

making pulls im down to around 12.5

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.