Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Posted a "What about GT2871R" topic a while ago, but this turbo will be to big, and give me an bag powerpand.

Need to hear your oppinuins on wich turbo i should get.

My goal would be +320hp with a nice powerband (spool as hell)

I'm thinking GT2860RS or T3/T4, but when i search for Gt28 I only find 300$ knockoff's. Are they good quality? The T3/T4 i really don't know much about. Wich one spools the best and are best for my setup?

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
obviously ball-bearing GT is gonna spool way quicker than a journal-bearing t3/t4... either of those turbos will reach your goal, so i guess just go with the better deal....

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
But how are your experience with non-garrett turbo's? I mean.. for 300-350$ im counting on it to crack after 1k miles or something. Do they hold up?

The biggest part of the gt2860 i have found are listed as nissan upgrades, are they good enough?

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
IMO; brand name stuff > knock-off shit. You may pay more, but you get peace of mind, and prolly end up saving cash in the long run...
:TU: knock off stuff is good for some things, but I'd def spend the money for name brand when it comes to a turbo

·
d-series Member
3,134 Posts
www.turbobygarrett.com then click products, then click turbochargers, and then click the turbo you are wondering about.

to the threadjacker, gt28rs shares the same flange as the t25. unless the t25 is dsm, iirc, those have a different flange

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
Yes, the GT2871 is a bit large for most people, but ifyou get one in a .63 AR compressor, it shoul dhave only slightly slower spool characteristics than the Disco Potato (GT28) and have much more power potential. But, if you "only" want up to 350HP, the 28RS is the better choice.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Okay just one more question. If it is oil & water cooled, can it just be oiled cooled. I am thinking that the t25 I have on my car is being cooled only by oil. I eventually want to upgrade to a gt28rs.

·
d-series Member
3,134 Posts
^click the link i previously provided. theres pretty much all the info you'd need there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts