Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The header can produce substantial amounts of power on a motor with very few negative compromises. They are a rare, win-win mod, with hardly any trade offs.

Heads make more power by primarily using resonance tuning to create a low pressure, reflected wave, rarefaction (vacuum) pulse during the overlap period. The overlap period is in between the end of the exhaust stroke and the beginning of the intake stroke, where both the intake and exhaust valves are open at the same time for a few degrees of crank rotation.

On a header each individual exhaust port is treated to is own separate primary runner instead of merely dumping into the shared main pipe fo a log manifold. That is why is it better to use a real tubular header over a cast iron Honda manifold.

·
Registered
93 honda del sol
207 Posts
I need to ask a question.Why is it that your headers are funny looking no disrespect, I want to buy your v2 header for the d series.But if a reg header makes 5 hp how does your header makes 16 plus hp.You guys rock and I'am waiting to see the final numbers on that d build i've been reading about.I hope you guys hit 700 hp

·
Registered
88 ED6
5,511 Posts
I need to ask a question.Why is it that your headers are funny looking no disrespect, I want to buy your v2 header for the d series.But if a reg header makes 5 hp how does your header makes 16 plus hp.You guys rock and I'am waiting to see the final numbers on that d build i've been reading about.I hope you guys hit 700 hp

They're "funny looking" because they're designed to stuff a long runner in a small space along with getting the correct bends to time the exhaust pulses correctly.

The large increase comes simply from optimization. Bisi's headers are custom-built, therefor specifically cater to your build and they can design a header that'll work directly with other mods you have vs. a "generic" design.

·
Registered
89 mini me hatch
226 Posts

·
I no longer haz teh pink eye! Iz got STINK EYE
3,332 Posts
are bisi headers overkill for a stock motor build with I/H/E? im not doing any hardcore build. like lets say if i run a DC sports 4-1 headers compared to running a bisi.

·
I no longer haz teh pink eye! Iz got STINK EYE
3,332 Posts
ya thats what i was thinking was it worth the 600 bucks compared to my 180 dollar used dc header lol sucks its not CARB legal lol

·
Registered
1996 Honda Civic
582 Posts
god i cant wait til tax time!!!!! i'm so getting a new bisi header!!!!!

·
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread
ES1 Civic
11,969 Posts
If Bisi made shit for Hyundai, I would so be all over it! I do miss Honda though.

·
formerly allnaturalrex
1989 honda crx si
4,639 Posts
ya thats what i was thinking was it worth the 600 bucks compared to my 180 dollar used dc header lol sucks its not CARB legal lol
i have the same one but i lucked out that someone on here hooked it up with a carb sticker from the 4-2-1 crx version so i can at least pass mine for carb legal lol.

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
as i read this same thread and response over several boards.. one thing comes to mind...

over the years i've read many intake/header/exhaust threads and over and over one thing is clear. there is no one magic part that you can add water and stirr instant power.

you need to look at the big picture not wow let me get this cam from here and this header from there and bam. my shit is off the hizzle.

N/A is very hard to extract real useable power unlike turbo well lt me get these simple parts and i can yank out 225-350wph very quick. there's alot more work involve.

on this forum and across the net how many ppy using turbo are geting 250-350whp? so many you can even know where to count. but in the N/A how many has broke over 165-175whp? very little that you might be able to count them on your hand.

so not to knock down any ones one work or product. in my case it's taken me a very long time for the simple reason i'm not sponsered nor balling. so i need to make sure that what i invest will be worth every ounce i pour into. then realize over the years me making it to the specs i want and need for my engine have benifited me more than something off the shelf for the masses...

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,251 Posts
What about when when peaky a powerband WHP car is beaten by a board powerband WTQ build?

Then we can discuss gearing for each combo as they are VERY different.

Good overall cam/intake/header design will have a smooth/flat torque curve for about 2000-2500 rpm powerband. Gear to stay in that powerband.

·
Im Bringing TSEXY Back!
^^Look up
5,468 Posts
as i read this same thread and response over several boards.. one thing comes to mind...

over the years i've read many intake/header/exhaust threads and over and over one thing is clear. there is no one magic part that you can add water and stirr instant power.

you need to look at the big picture not wow let me get this cam from here and this header from there and bam. my shit is off the hizzle.

N/A is very hard to extract real useable power unlike turbo well lt me get these simple parts and i can yank out 225-350wph very quick. there's alot more work involve.

on this forum and across the net how many ppy using turbo are geting 250-350whp? so many you can even know where to count. but in the N/A how many has broke over 165-175whp? very little that you might be able to count them on your hand.

so not to knock down any ones one work or product. in my case it's taken me a very long time for the simple reason i'm not sponsered nor balling. so i need to make sure that what i invest will be worth every ounce i pour into. then realize over the years me making it to the specs i want and need for my engine have benifited me more than something off the shelf for the masses...
Im happy with any N/A build hitting over 130whp most times.

Geez Bone you need to get another dyno pic, i've seen this one in every thread you post over the years. lol.

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
whats that quote? transmission gearing: the replacement for displacment. lol..

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
The header can produce substantial amounts of power on a motor with very few negative compromises. They are a rare, win-win mod, with hardly any trade offs.

Heads make more power by primarily using resonance tuning to create a low pressure, reflected wave, rarefaction (vacuum) pulse during the overlap period. The overlap period is in between the end of the exhaust stroke and the beginning of the intake stroke, where both the intake and exhaust valves are open at the same time for a few degrees of crank rotation.

On a header each individual exhaust port is treated to is own separate primary runner instead of merely dumping into the shared main pipe fo a log manifold. That is why is it better to use a real tubular header over a cast iron Honda manifold.
continue..........

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,251 Posts
Im happy with any N/A build hitting over 130whp most times.

Geez Bone you need to get another dyno pic, i've seen this one in every thread you post over the years. lol.
me and someone else who has recently when back to a smaller cam understand.

Peak WHP or smooth TQ curve........TQ wins.

Was true in the 60's, still true today.

BTW, how do you figure HP since it cannot be measured directly?

·
Im Bringing TSEXY Back!
^^Look up
5,468 Posts
me and someone else who has recently when back to a smaller cam understand.

Peak WHP or smooth TQ curve........TQ wins.

Was true in the 60's, still true today.

BTW, how do you figure HP since it cannot be measured directly?
Was joking with you old man.

And who was argueing TQ??
Obviously a smooth TQ line is important over the whole power band??

1 - 20 of 20 Posts