Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, i relocated the battery to the back, it didnt even crank, so i spen another $30 and wired another wire up to the front again to ground at the trans like it was before, and it decided to crank again, but not start. I have spark, maybe its fuel delivery?

At the same time the wiring went screwy. No fuses are blown, but not a single swtich ton the dash/steering wheel/steering column works, or at least does what its supposed to. The turn signals and sunroof switch make the big black box on th fuse box make an awful buzzing, sometimes, sometimes it does nothing. The headlights, windshield wipers, and defrost lines do nothing. The clock stopped working for the most part; if you wait long enough it will start to glow dimly. The dash background lights dont work. The horn makes the main relay click as it lights up the battery and oil pressure lights. WTF!!!!!!1111!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
What guage wire is runnign to the trunk? Sounds like it's too small.

·
Premium Member
Civic turbo Hx/Ex
18,609 Posts
Its a ground on your ecu.

I had the same problem not too long ago and one of the black wires (ground) wasn't good anymore. Its a common problem, just make a new ground and tap it into one of the black wires going to the ecu.

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
1,903 Posts
the ecu ground is on the thermostat housing, also when you rerouted your ground did you also run a ground wire from the tranny ground to the body?? originally the ground wire from the battery is grounded to the body and the tranny. check it out real good and you'll find the problem.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just fyi, the main relay is still clicking: i can feel / hear it. It clicks once when i turn on the car, it clicks again shortly after when the seatbelt light comes on, it clicks again a little more softly when i crank over the car and try to start it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts