Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok im just trying to figure out why my old d15b7 seemed to run so much better than my new built d16y7.
ok here is my old setup then the new one..
d15b7 totally stock engine except for head beaing shaved .050 and ported intake was portmatched to head. ive got a t3/4 .60 turbo that is only pushing 7psi ECU is a hondata s200 unit with just the base maps ignition and everything else is stock.

NEW Setup..
d16y7 with eagle 3/8in rods and srp 10.5:1 pistons. head is stock except for being port matched to the old intake manifold and having an ajustable cam gear and arp headstuds. everything else is all the exact same stuff from the old setup so nothing really changed other than the engine.

can you please try to help me figure out why this is working like it is and do you think it would help if i ran a ported d15b7 head on it or not.

all suggestions to get some power back would be helpfull. also im planning on running like 13-14 psi on this motor once i get to the dyno do you think that would be alright with my setup

D

·
0 Posts
yes not tuned.. 10.5:1 CR will be NEEDED to be properly tuned or else it won't run right.

O

·
0 Posts
I'm with therm. tunning can make or break the car.
I gained 85 wheel power when I got my car tuned properly the first time. YES 85 wheel power on the dyno. I started dynoing in at 130 hp and ended up hitting 210 as the dyno sheets i posted several times show.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts