Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i have been doing alot of researching for my Z6 build and i am planning on running eagles/vitaras, just like almost everyone, lol. But i have been noticing that those setups have been ranging in power so much, like say a z6 with eagles/vitara's, cam, t3/t4 .57 on 15psi will range from say 200hp to over 300. I know that there is alot more involved in the setups but what would be the key factors to making these different amounts of power? fuel? Turbo?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya i guess tune would be a major part, but 100hp? am i totally off on this or does anybody else notice this?

·
Worst Mechanic Ever!
2,915 Posts
manifold, exhaust, charge piping, intercooler, IM, TB, port job, tune all play a part. I don't think theres any two identical builds out there with 100HP difference, but if there is, post em up so we can see whats up.

Also, different dynos make different numbers, and not everyone says what kind of dyno they used.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what should the proper timing be set at, a degree or 2 off?

·
R2.....Zap Balls
5,186 Posts
the exhaust and downpipe size can play a factor

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well im gonna go 3" exhaust for sure, that was my plan anyway, but this is great for things to look out for and remember when building a D, keep em comin. Now what about I/C piping size? i was gonna do 2.5" but i was thinking that might be too big because there would be more space to compress air into.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow, 20% eh? i was going to dyno tune mine, but maybe i'll just street tune it and just guesstimate my power, lol.

·
FAMILY MEMBER #316
2,955 Posts
manifold, exhaust, charge piping, intercooler, IM, TB, port job, tune all play a part. I don't think theres any two identical builds out there with 100HP difference, but if there is, post em up so we can see whats up.

Also, different dynos make different numbers, and not everyone says what kind of dyno they used.

:bong:

·
Worst Mechanic Ever!
2,915 Posts
Wow, 20% eh? i was going to dyno tune mine, but maybe i'll just street tune it and just guesstimate my power, lol.
Worst idea ever. You need dyno tuning to get the timing right. You can tune the a/f ratio with datalogging, but I personally don't know how to tune timing correctly without seeing the dyno curve.

Here's the thing, don't think about that number. Its gonna be there, and it will be higher, lower, or exactly where you expect it. You want a good judge of performance? Tune it on whatever dyno you please, then take it to the 1/4 and see what YOU can do with it.

Or you could dyno it on three different dynos and take you pick after the tune.

Personally, the reward is in the drivers seat, not the dyno sheet.

·
insert user title here
3,014 Posts
and generally a larger turbo will flow more cfm more efficiently at a determined boost level. also there are too many variables such as compression, fuel maps, timing, cam, im, tb, injectors, manifold, head, block etc to compare. just because its a vitara settup doesnt mean the desired power levels are going to be achieved.
too many variables to compare.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts