Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering...my prick ass friends made a pool on how fast my d16y8 at 6 psi will blow.....im always nice with my car i only rev if somone tries to race me but everyday its 3000 rpm shifts....it does have 200 000 but i use synthetic and take care of it very well....

has anyone with low boost had trouble?? or are my friends who dont know much about cars being pricks

thanks guys

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
I havent boosted my car yet...still in the process of getting parts...but i would assume that a boosted car will last just fine as long as you take care of it and your not in boost all day long...:alky:

·
Potato salad!
93 Civic HB DX
298 Posts
You'll be fine with 6psi, but keep an eye on your head gasket just in case.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I am running 10psi on a t04e 57 trim and my y8 has 197,xxx miles on it, but I have only been boosted for about 4 months...

Just change your timing belt, fuel pump, and water pump before you boost, and be sure to use ARP head studs. My head started to lift slightly at anything above 7psi but I replaced it with some arp's and no more problems.

You should be fine with an FMU at 6psi, but if you want to run higher boost you will need some good tuning...

Your friends are just being pricks...

E

·
0 Posts
I have the same group of friends, saying that my 1.6L cant hold 200whp.. but there are many people out there who have had their setup for years w/o any related problems. Lets see once people start saying how long they've had their setups for, if I can send this thread to my goof friend and prove him wrong

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
12psi while racing on my old setup and 10psi daily for 5k with daily beatings and still running. bigger turbo now, 8-9psi daily and drive HARD. no problems yet.

tuning is key!!

·
Registered
629 Posts
my sedan was boosted for 6 months on a stock 120,000 mile motor, and i generally ran 8-10 psi. for a short period i ran 16 psi and it was fine. its all in the tune.

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
98_4drCivic said:
my sedan was boosted for 6 months on a stock 120,000 mile motor, and i generally ran 8-10 psi. for a short period i ran 16 psi and it was fine. its all in the tune.
"Its all in the tune" is right....:bravo:

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for your responses guys.....im going to be using a p30 tuned with uberdata or crome and wideband o2:TU: and when i smoke all my friends im not going to take them for rides....like wat kind of friend does that to u? there like 10 ppl in a pool.....and im the guy who doesnt race and drives normal and only rips maybe 1-2 times a week

thanks guys!!!! makes me feel secure

·
Registered
629 Posts
MyblkVTEC said:
"Its all in the tune" is right....:bravo:
its such an overplayed statement, but its sooooo true.

buzzword of the year goes to: tune/tuning :D

streetforce said:
thanks for your responses guys.....im going to be using a p30 tuned with uberdata or crome and wideband o2:TU: and when i smoke all my friends im not going to take them for rides....like wat kind of friend does that to u? there like 10 ppl in a pool.....and im the guy who doesnt race and drives normal and only rips maybe 1-2 times a week

thanks guys!!!! makes me feel secure
haha, your friends did that too?! my friends bet me that even after boost i would still be in the 14's...boy were they wrong. :skull: thats what i get for hanging around a bunch of v8 guys:hyper:

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
then theres my dad whos being an ass saying my honda rings will blow.....like yes i love our audis but he thinks hondas r garbage and when i explain he says jap scrap lol.....meh ill let him think that as im ripping his s4 a new asshole hahaha

·
Registered
629 Posts
streetforce said:
then theres my dad whos being an ass saying my honda rings will blow.....like yes i love our audis but he thinks hondas r garbage and when i explain he says jap scrap lol.....meh ill let him think that as im ripping his s4 a new asshole hahaha
:sadface: my dad says the same shit about honda and their rings. he's a hard core v8 guy, while i like both imports and domestics. oh well, thats why you build a motor :razz:

·
Registered
35 Posts
skoracing said:
i have blown one at 20psi on a t3/to4 .60
flew too close to the sun on wings made of wax...
wastegate didnt open, i looked down and the boost was over 20psi... bang like that she was done.
tunning is the key.... boost is addictive... if you dont push it you'll be fine.

lol.......fucking Icarus he's always up to no good with his wings and his drinking.........

1 - 20 of 48 Posts