Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Banned
91 tempo,88 crx
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i got this cocky guy who says his acura rsx type-s stock could beat my d16z6 powered 88 crx hf with all mods stated below do you think its true i dont think so

·
Registered
88 CRX
1,846 Posts
What sort of tuning/engine management are you running? Ever been dynoed? I'm not sure what boiling your engine components does, as I've never boiled anything other than food....

(PS, it's spelt "internal")

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Type-S are quick, you would have to 60' foot him to win becuase if you leave door to door with him he will walk you up top. Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
639 Posts
It would be close. But he would prolley run you down in the top end for sure!

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
i think he would get you, sorry...and i'm also interested in the boiling thing

·
Registered
639 Posts
i think he would get you, sorry...and i'm also interested in the boiling thing

I think it has something to do with cleaning the oil passages.. I could be wrong but?

·
FAMILY MEMBER #316
2,955 Posts
you will be added to his kill list.

wtf does boiling engine parts do?

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,871 Posts
rsx's are quick... i raced one i was at 14 psi on my single cam vtec... after i got in 3rd with my dx trans.. he started catching up.. and when he was next to me.. he started spinning 4th.. he says all stock.. i say he had ips cams or some sort of cams...

but either way... do as bigtuna said.. rsx-s will walk up top for sure

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Gosh Mr. Transzex some time I feal so old when people ask certian things...I may be young but I am wise in ways of old school.

·
Registered
97 Posts
the rsx will beat you preety bad. They are preety quick car's. My cousin has a 02rsx and ive raced gim severl time's when i had a d15b vtec i/h/e and he walked me by like 5 car leanth';s

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
If hes cocky enough , ask him to give you the move. You will seriously need to jump out on him IMO

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Why are we afraid to race first, then ask questions later? Duh, he probably spent how much on that car, versus how much on your car? He'll pull on yah; I've driven one, and all I could do is smile! LOL

·
Registered
91 CRX Si
4,454 Posts
I'd race one anyday. You have a similar setup to me other than higher compression. I say you win but not by much.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts