Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
91 Civic sedan
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just trying to figure out what everyone else uses. I think my wideband took a shit yesterday. It started not wanting to come on, then it eventually stopped turning on. I had been using an innovate LC-1 with a bosch sensor. In 4 years I just put a new sensor on a few months ago and I never had any issues with any of it.

Post what wideband you have or which ones you've used in the past and how long did you have them and what did/didn't you like?

·
Registered
del Sol si '94
2,539 Posts
Ive been using a used AEM UEGO for about 2 years now. 0 issues. Unknown how long it was "used" before I got it

·
Registered
del Sol si '94
2,539 Posts
acid beaver recommended MTX-L to me. he says he uses those.

he told me aem is overpriced and sucks. i got my MTX-L for 150 shipped
Oh yeah, they are terrible..... 160 new and no monthly "recalibrations".

·
Registered
97 honda coupe
7,611 Posts
Oh yeah, they are terrible..... 160 new and no monthly "recalibrations".
ive had mine for two years and have never had to recalibrate it.

I know its still reading correctly because my tune hasnt changed, and my afr's are still the same.

·
Registered
90 CRX Si
3,866 Posts
I've always read bad things about the AEM, and the couple I've messed with in person haven't impressed me, seem less responsive than both my LC1 and MTX-L.

Beave, reason I went to an MTX-L was so I could remove it easily to hook up on someone elses car as well. Now I've tuned the few cars in the area so no new business haha.

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
been using my MTXL for a few months..

I already found a replacement sensor for it locally for under 60 bucks for when I need to replace it.

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
Ive owned two LC-1s, an LM-1, and a 14point7.com unit.

Had the one LC-1 for about 6+ years now. Maybe even 8 years. Still going strong. Replaced the sensor of course. Haha.

14point7 didnt last too long, but i soldered it together so who knows! haha.

LM1 was great too. Parted ways with it a while back.

·
Premium Member
91 Civic sedan
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I plan on getting this. AEM Failsafe
That's pretty badass!

Ive owned two LC-1s, an LM-1, and a 14point7.com unit.

Had the one LC-1 for about 6+ years now. Maybe even 8 years. Still going strong. Replaced the sensor of course. Haha.

14point7 didnt last too long, but i soldered it together so who knows! haha.

LM1 was great too. Parted ways with it a while back.
been using my MTXL for a few months..

I already found a replacement sensor for it locally for under 60 bucks for when I need to replace it.
I used that part number when I replaced my sensor, at my local parts house. It's like $50 with tax included. :TU:

I had an LC1 for probably 4 years, only had one or two sensors fail IIRC. I always replaced them with Bosch 17014. Sold it for an MTX-L earlier this year and no issues.
What exactly happened to yours when the sensors failed? My first one that I replaced, I replaced because it wouldn't give me nice straight lines on the datalog. It technically still worked, but not very accurately. This one was reading dead-nuts accurate until it stopped sending a reading to the gauge and the laptop completely...

LC-1. Years. Been through a few sensors, but I tune with it, so they get abused.

Beave, any estimate on just how many years it's been? My LC-1 was used when I bought it, and I've been using it for 3+ years. Queakers had it before me for I don't know how long. He doesn't get on here any more and I haven't talked to him in a long time, so I don't know how old the unit actually is. It seems weird to me that mine just stopped working.

I haven't made any attempts to re-calibrate the heater or anything like that for a long time, but it always seemed to turn on after probably 30 seconds. The last couple times however, it took over a minute for the gauge to display my afr. Has this happened to anyone with an LC-1 before?

Everyone else that uses a different WB. Do you datalog with your tuning software and what do you use? I know Dan uses ECTune and Matt is an obd0 turboedit guy. What about everyone else? With my LC-1 I used direct serial logging into the Neptune software and it was always great.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Had the NGK AFX wideband first, sold it brand new cuase I needed the money and I wasn't using yet so I can't tell you about it. Heard good things about it thou. Got me an used MTX-L and I love how I can install it in a 2" gauge pod. Now waiting to have my car tuned.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I had an innovate lc1 for my si. Never got in in before parting in out. I didnt care for the fact that it needed to re-calibrate. When I buy a new one for my hatch build i havent picked one yet but it will not be one that needs re-calibrated.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts