Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1990 Honda Civic Dx
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im up in nor-cal and there is no dealer for these subs.....closest dealer is in LA :pinch:

I really want a pair of 1508's....They are some seriously wicked 8" Subs that move more air than my 12's.

The best part is the say DD on them, figure id throw em in my DD and call it a day.

Anyone want to sell me there DD's???? Or order some from a SO-CAL distributer and send them to me??? :yes:

·
Registered
765 Posts
I'm pretty sure that they will sell direct to you, at least they sold direct back in the 90's.
They have always been some good shit....I think you'll like 'em!

·
Registered
81 Posts
I wonder how an 8 moves more air than a 12.......

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

but, yeah, dd is aight if all you're after is spl. Their subs sound like ass on music

·
Registered
340 Posts
I wonder how an 8 moves more air than a 12.......

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

but, yeah, dd is aight if all you're after is spl. Their subs sound like ass on music
DD designs their subs for a huge amount of Xmax. Strange that the company does not list it in their spec sheets. A bit of research turned up a 12" [9512] that measured 80mm [3+ inches] Xmax. That is a huge amount of stroke. Alas the suspension and voice coil must be very "loose" to accommodate that kind of stroke. This is why they are for SPL and not SQ.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yah they do move alot of air but they sound great, it all depends on your BOX... I had a 9515 and it sounded great. Their smaller subs sound better with music.

·
Registered
89 crx hf
160 Posts
i have a beast ass dd 10 in my crx with a 3200 watt mono block amp pushing it!! it flexs the hack like 3/4-1 inch and my front window

·
Registered
My Civic
861 Posts
...DD is a bunch of money greedy assholes personally they wanted me to do 2500 every 3 months just to keep them in my store or they would offer it to someone else.

DC = the way to go they are bad ass n they give a shit about their competitors and street people

·
Registered
189 Posts
While I love DD products, they are overpriced, IMO. If you want to run 8's, I recommend the Sundown SA8's. Get loud and sound great doing it.

I did 153.8db with a pair of SA8's in my CRX :)

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Jacob did a 150 something with one but it was just a burp.

To the OP there are plenty of High end brands out there that are much cheaper. DC or sundown is the way I would go. But I would do a 10". The Nightshade 15" was too much for a daily in my rex, it added too much weight lol.

·
Registered
81 Posts
burp don't count lol

·
Registered
610 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Sorry, 2000w rms, at best, at 1 ohm. On D class amps, multiply fuse rating by 10, and that is pretty much your max rms output. Still some solid output for the price.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts