1 - 20 of 21 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
which cam is better z6 or y8

Stock Specs for D16Z6 SOHC VTEC (92-95) 304 / 303 212 / 204 394 / 373
Stock Specs for D16Y8 SOHC VTEC (96-up) 288 / 292 218 / 204 397 / 367

if i am thinking correctly a z6 cam looks like a better cam or am i not reading it right

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes but i want to put the z6 cam in a y8 head it looks like it might be a better setup

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the head has to come off anyways cause it is warped. and i just want a little bit more of a gain. nothing special.

·
Registered
393 Posts
gloryhog said:
If you had a little extra cash, get a zex, or crower cam and that would be well worth it!
stay away from Zex cam they are noisy. Crower's are good. and of course you should consider the AKMEE valve train kit. :) http://akmee.com/sohc-vtec

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,226 Posts
Frank, look on Larry's board when I reported the base circle numbers as to why they where noisy.

I'll take a Zex or Crane cam first :)

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,226 Posts
Crane 251-0016 doesn't need springs or retainers, yet makes 155-160 WHP in NA on a D15 small valve motor.

Yeah, lets call Laurie @ Web and ask for the secret .480 lift cam :)

OG Hybrid folk.......where it started

·
Cool User Title Here
6,900 Posts
transzex said:
Frank, look on Larry's board when I reported the base circle numbers as to why they where noisy.

I'll take a Zex or Crane cam first :)
ghettoracer said:
makes power with no noise. :D
I don't get it. My zex was far noisier than the Crower stage 2 EVER was. Do you all know how to adjust valves??

transzex said:
Yeah, lets call Laurie @ Web and ask for the secret .480 lift cam :)
Lets not, and just say we did

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
personally, i'm a fan of the z6 cam imy auto y8. only cause it's an automatic. i've run that cam for a good while and it's run bewtter e.t.'s than anything else i've run. even civic4ges stage 1 zex cam.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
kulo said:
who has zex stage 2 for the z6 & y8, is it ok to run with stock valve train or change them?
This subject has been covered many times, the search button is your friend. But to answer your question I would personally get the valve springs to be on the safe side...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts