Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I am thinking to get a 3" downpipe for my setup, cause as off right now I only have a 2". I have a 2.5" full catback exhaust with a testpipe. I have heard if I swith to a 3", I might run too lean. Is this true? I know tuning is one of the ways to prevent this. BUt is there any suggestions you guys can make until I havent got my setup properly tuned yet? THanks.

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
going from a 2" to 3" MAY make you turbo spool quick enough to throw off your tune; so plan on getting a re-tune...
:TU: what he said.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
going from a 2" to 3" MAY make you turbo spool quick enough to throw off your tune; so plan on getting a re-tune...
i am thinking to get the downpipe done sometime within 2 weeks. but after i get the downpipe, i wont be able to get it tuned right aways cause i dont have a wideband yet. so what would you suggest? hold off the downpipe first and get a wideband? or go ahead with the downpipe and just not boost hard? thanks man.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Better to be safe than sorry... wait til you can tune it.

·
Registered
629 Posts
why go with a 3" downpipe if you only have a 2.5" exhaust? seems like it would be a waste.
I couldn't disagree more.

if you are unhappy with the 2.5 inch exhaust after you get the new downpipe, you could still unhook it from the downpipe at the track.

i'm going to be running a 4in dp to 2.5in exhaust...but with a cutout.

·
Registered
314 Posts

if you are unhappy with the 2.5 inch exhaust after you get the new downpipe, you could still unhook it from the downpipe at the track.

thats exactly what i'm doing, i have a 3" mandrelsex downpipe going to a shittier 2.5" crush bent exhaust, and i plan on getting one of those electronic cutouts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)

damn 4" dp eh? thats gonna be pretty nuts...i heard that is better to start out bigger on the dp like 3" then, you can go smaller on the rest like 2.5". i was thinking to get a full 3" exhaust, but just short of cash :( oh yeah, what does the cutout do? .

·
Registered
183 Posts
I'm also going from 2" dp to 3" this weekend (running a 2,5" catback) i'm not gonna have it tuned rightaway. but i don't boost that much right now anyway.

·
Registered
629 Posts
damn 4" dp eh? thats gonna be pretty nuts...i heard that is better to start out bigger on the dp like 3" then, you can go smaller on the rest like 2.5". i was thinking to get a full 3" exhaust, but just short of cash :( oh yeah, what does the cutout do? .
yeah, i'm trying to decide between 3.5" and 4"....but its going to be on a topmount and a huge turbo...

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
oh yeah, what does the cutout do? .
the cut out lets you dump the exhaust straight out so it doesn't have to travel all the way through the exhaust. Check out quicktimeperformance.com.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts