Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so my friend was following me when i got on my car and he said i pretty consistantly push out white smoke while going. so...........sounds to me like i need to tune down my fuel map in boost?...........yes?

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i know i'm not losing coolant and i have ran rich before and never seen any black smoke out of the back of my car. blue smoke is oil but it's not that so...............

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DirtyDEF said:
White = water/coolant.
Black = running rich.
/\ very tru and if you don't see black smoke than your not reallllllllly running rich.

·
Registered
93 DelSol S, 95 DelSol Si, 01 Odyssey EX, 04 CRV EX
2,172 Posts
what is the ambient temp and humidity? was the car warm and exhaust heated up? most cars apear to smoke when cold etc.....

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no sadly it was warm but changin th head gasket tomorrow so will be fine, but thanks guys anymore problems to this degree will let you know thanks.
bump.

·
Registered
741 Posts
DirtyDEF said:
White = water/coolant.
Black = running rich.

And Moble synthic burning = white!

It happened to me. I was trying to chase down that "damn coolant/headgasket issue" and it wasn't that at all...ha, that was a horrible day of trouble shooting.

·
Registered
wtf? read above
1,248 Posts
zoubz13 said:
no sadly it was warm but changin th head gasket tomorrow so will be fine, but thanks guys anymore problems to this degree will let you know thanks.
bump.
get a valve cover set. it includes all the rings and gaskets. we fixed my boys proble with it on his accord. no more smoke.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just put a new head on, with all the gaskets, and I get the same smoke I got before I put the new head on. And it leaves the back of my car all black too...

·
Registered
wtf? read above
1,248 Posts
brownbob06 said:
I just put a new head on, with all the gaskets, and I get the same smoke I got before I put the new head on. And it leaves the back of my car all black too...
well i dont know then.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The cheapest way and time saving is to go buy a bottle of smoke stop at a local auto part store.

·
Registered
wtf? read above
1,248 Posts
ive heard that Sea Foam is fuckin great. it smokes like hell at first, but clears it all up.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
you could also have a cracked water jacket in the block and coolant is sorta leakin through and bein burned.....it is possible..

·
Registered
wtf? read above
1,248 Posts
smoking just means your fast, lol. honestly i cant stand my cars to smoke. if need be, id rebuild the whole thing. but if youve got a dime a dozen block, just swap it with on you know runs, with no smoke.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts