Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Frost White EJ1
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I've spent about the last 20 minutes searching around for "white smoke" and a few of the answers are similar, but I'm posting this just to make sure.

I've got a 93 EX with a stock Z6 in it, and just today I started noticing a bunch of white smog coming out of the exhaust when I accelerate. Little amounts come out when not moving or accelerating, but it's a pretty decent amount when I start going.

What are the most common causes of this?

·
FF Misfit
Accord
4,881 Posts
It's most likely the head gasket.

·
Registered
Frost White EJ1
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It doesn't smell terrible, and it's definitely not blue. The only recent work that I've done is replaced the water pump and alternator.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
could just be condensation...if its not overheating/eating coolant i bet youre fine. Then again, its tough to diagnose it without seeing it, are we talking about a cloud like a smoke bomb went off or what?

·
Registered
209 Posts
just keep an eye on your coolant. if you notice it gets low. its probably head gasket. if not. its probably nothing. might just be condensation if your not used to seeing that in cooler weather.

·
FF Misfit
Accord
4,881 Posts
Also look to see if there is coolant in the oil and vice versa.

·
Registered
227 Posts
i would recommend that you check you coolant and see if it low and keep it filled so you don't fuck the block up..... also putting a head gasket on a d-series is a hell of a lot easier then a b-series.....so why haven't you fixed this issue yet. it would probably only take a few hours even for a noob to do....

·
my dd has 1800 ftlbs of torque
peterbilt
3,890 Posts
vtec smoke?

·
Registered
Frost White EJ1
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I noticed that the coolant was a little lower than it should be when I was checking stuff out, so I filled that earlier today. I refilled it and drove to work and back, and still noticed it on the way back. It doesn't stop when the car warms up either. The car doesn't overheat or run too cool.

The exhaust smell isn't sweet. It's not a bad smoky smell, just smells like exhaust to me.

·
Registered
227 Posts
vtec smoke?
^^^^ really....... it would be blueish smoke meaning its burning oil.. i have never seen white smoke come from a car in vtec unless the motor is messed up. and blows a head gasket on the road...come on man thing of this before you post.....look shit up use the internet to help you...don't just say shit and let people make fun of you I'm sure its getting old by now.

·
Registered
68 Camaro
4,583 Posts
eh i wouldnt worry as long as you dont smell coolant comin out your exhaust and you moniter the level close. i dont thing its the hg mine does the same thing it burns oil pretty good and when i get on it it smokes grey im less that concerned you probably just have worn rings

·
Registered
68 Camaro
4,583 Posts
^^^^ really....... it would be blueish smoke meaning its burning oil.. i have never seen white smoke come from a car in vtec unless the motor is messed up. and blows a head gasket on the road...come on man thing of this before you post.....look shit up use the internet to help you...don't just say shit and let people make fun of you I'm sure its getting old by now.

lol omg the double digit noobs are hating so bad lately

1 - 18 of 18 Posts