Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a skunk2 intake and throttle body and now I got white smoke from the exhaust pipe as if it's burning coolant. I got a new intake manifold gasket. Could it be a mixed coolant line or something?

Attachments

·
Registered
Same as above
5,975 Posts
Theres a coolant passage right next to the #4 cylinder intake runner. You can pull the exhaust manifold off and see if #4 exhaust port has moisture. If so this may be your issue, a poor sealing of the intake manifold. Did you clean the surface of all traces of the old gasket before installing the new one? Otherwise the only coolant lines to be mixed up would be the ones that got to the throttle body and iacv. With that much coolant going directly to the intake it would not be easy to start and would quickly flood the engine

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There was no remains on the block from the intake gasket, I'll take a pic of the coolant lines as I wasn't too sure as to where they go.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The port closest to the TB off the IACV goes to the TB,

The other one goes next to the intake manifold coolant lines

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For some reason, I just had it idling for 15 minutes and no smoking, pretty weird but seemed to be fixed.

Althouh I got some codes after swapping the ECU and harness,

P1289
P0135
P0122
P014

I know my TPS needs to get properly adjusted though

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
For some reason, I just had it idling for 15 minutes and no smoking, pretty weird but seemed to be fixed.

Althouh I got some codes after swapping the ECU and harness,

P1289
P0135
P0122
P014

I know my TPS needs to get properly adjusted though
P1298**********

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Probably,

Also those check engine lights are from a blown fuse (15) but I'm
Hoping it was from my harness before.

Now I'm just stuck with a sticking skunk2 throttle body on my skunk intake, it won't close all the way sometimes and I've read this has been a problem before. I might just try a different brand throttle body

1 - 11 of 11 Posts