Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone...i have a big problem..i recently performed the mini me project on my y7...i replaced almost everything ending up keeping the y7 block...i placed a d15b vtec head on it...and replaced the valve seals n oil seals and head gasket....my one problem when i was at the surplus shop...they wer out of stock of the d15b ecu...so in order for me to bring my car home...they suggested that i use the civic esi ecu.....so we tried...when we started the car white smoke comes out from my muffler...i can't think of any problem within the engine because i replaced all the seals and we didn't touched the engine block since theres no problem with it..we checked the muffler and found that there are some oil deposits on it..could it be that im leaking oil??or water is being mixed on the combustion chamber???but i replaced all the seals....

my only suspect is that could it be with the esi ecu being not compatible w/ the d15b ecu??since i think the esi ecu is used for carb engines and has no vtec...

tnx guys...

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,862 Posts
its not the ecu... you can run almost any ecu on any honda...

its probably a warped head.. did you check the head to make sure it wasnt warped yet??? white smoke usually means water coming out of the exhaust somehow from a warped head or bad headgasket

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes i've checked the head before i purchased it and its in good condition...i've also bought a bnew original head gasket from honda...could it be the valve guide???

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,862 Posts
did u make sure and get every intake manifold nut??? ive forgotten the end one closest to the dizzy and it was doing that...

usually white smoke means water in the motor... valveguides would be burning oil wich is blue or black

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i'll try to check that also....if white smoke means water in the motor?/what else bould be the culprit???im 1005 sure that every seal n gasket is bnew...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i've checked the plugs and 2 of them are covered with oil....we've opened the head and found ouot that the new valve seals we placed broke...maybe because the valve seals we used are just replacement ones...were going to try to put an original bnew one....hope this lasts though..

any inputs on why the new valve seals gave out that easily??w/o even driving the car for 50km it gave out...tnx..

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
where the valve seals you put on the car new or used?? if used there is some of the problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts