Discussion Starter #1
Found a local guy with a Y8 Intake mani from a Civic automatic tranny
for $50

whats the difrerence between a manual Im and an AUTO one

any complicatons from using this with my turbo D16Y7 on a chipped P28 system

·
Registered
423 Posts
the difference is that the auto im has the iacv located on the tb. the manual version, has the iacv mounted on the back of the im. for an obd1 y7, i think youll need obd1 injectors, and have to drill holes for a im mounted iacv, and locate a obd1 or newer tb. try to find a b-series tb, as it is bigger and will bolt up to the y8 mani.

i have pictures of what im talking about, but in typing this, ive become lazy; too lazy to post them. maybe later.

·
Registered
423 Posts
yes. wtf i need 7 charachters.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have taken an auto Y8 manifold and modified it for use on a D15B1 manual.

You have to drill and tap one hole to mount the IACV on the back side of the manifold. You have to drill one hole straight through into the plenum. You have to drill a second hole in the plumen but do not break through. Then you must drill a third hole from the TB mounting flange angled so that it intersects into the bottom of the second hole you drilled.

It's not worth the trouble. Find yourself a Y8 manifold from a manual.

·
Registered
280 Posts
juice91si said:
the difference is that the auto im has the iacv located on the tb. the manual version, has the iacv mounted on the back of the im. for an obd1 y7, i think youll need obd1 injectors, and have to drill holes for a im mounted iacv, and locate a obd1 or newer tb. try to find a b-series tb, as it is bigger and will bolt up to the y8 mani.

i have pictures of what im talking about, but in typing this, ive become lazy; too lazy to post them. maybe later.
well first y7's are OBD2, and second if you are boosting, then you will not need OBD1 injectors because you should definetely go with at least some 450ss. some people do 390's but i say just start a little higher plus you can get some DSM's for like $40-$50 anyways.

Lastly, your y7 tb should fit on the y8. because the y7 iacv is on the throttle body, you can just leave the iacv on the y8 (if its a manual) and just put on your y7 throttle body and hook it up.

if it is auto, you dont have to worry about it, because if you put your y7 throttle body on, then you replace the y8 iacv which would have been on the tb.

hope this helps

matt

·
Registered
423 Posts
96_civ said:
well first y7's are OBD2, and second if you are boosting, then you will not need OBD1 injectors because you should definetely go with at least some 450ss. some people do 390's but i say just start a little higher plus you can get some DSM's for like $40-$50 anyways.

Lastly, your y7 tb should fit on the y8. because the y7 iacv is on the throttle body, you can just leave the iacv on the y8 (if its a manual) and just put on your y7 throttle body and hook it up.

if it is auto, you dont have to worry about it, because if you put your y7 throttle body on, then you replace the y8 iacv which would have been on the tb.

hope this helps

matt
J-SiN said:
any complicatons from using this with my turbo D16Y7 on a chipped P28 system
he's obd1. dsm injectors are a good choice, as factory honda injectors are usually 240cc, and don't provide very much fuel with FI. i said use obd1 injectors, because obd2 will not work, and i wanted to make sure he knew that.

·
Banned
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yea Im using a P28 chipped and a jumer harness

its a 98 civic dx but Im running OBD1

1 - 12 of 12 Posts