Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I finally figured out what is wrong with my 1994 civic EX. After all the stuff I looked into it ended up being the ECU in it.
I know the factory ECU is a P28. Currently for starting purposes I am using a P06 ECU to move the car.

My question is this:

Which is cheaper? Find a new P28 ECU or just take the P06 I have now and get it chipped with a single cam VTEC basemap

Thanks

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well it had the correct ECU in it, just that it shorted out somewhere or something. That why i am using a P06 right now.

Where can I get it chipped at in the Dayton, Ohio area? any idea on the cost?

·
nonvtak ftw
5,230 Posts
well it had the correct ECU in it, just that it shorted out somewhere or something. That why i am using a P06 right now.

Where can I get it chipped at in the Dayton, Ohio area? any idea on the cost?
im next door to you in PA i bought a new chipped p75 mapped and shipped to me for 150. i thought it was pretty good considering i had to get the ecu. Both the obd2a ecu's i bought from ebay i got for about 40 a piece and there both dogshit and have bogus problems so now i feel even better about the price i paid. i got mine from phearable but im sure someone on here could chip it and basemap for cheaper.

·
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread
ES1 Civic
11,969 Posts
man, i only told you like 4 months ago it was the wrong ecu.
go get one chipped from xenocron or phearable.net and be done with this.
x2 git it chipped hoe!

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
just send it to xenocron, pricing will be the same, and IT WILL WORK,

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, I was figured it would be cheaper to chip with basemap but wanted to make sure first. Any ideas of cost from xenocron?

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So does this price sound right? If I am reading correctly on xenocron website, I send ship them my ECU they chip it there with the basemap for what I need for $65. And I think I have to pay to ship it back to me.

·
Registered
632 Posts
So does this price sound right? If I am reading correctly on xenocron website, I send ship them my ECU they chip it there with the basemap for what I need for $65. And I think I have to pay to ship it back to me.
:TU:

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
sweet. I will try to get ahold him to do it then since he is local to me.

Any ideas on what he charges?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts