Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
EX coupe
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TiAL MVS 38mm Wastegate - Full-Race.com

Saw this wastegate here, not sure the differences in quality.. this is going to do be daily driver, do not want junk either, can anyone confirm? thanks

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
The tial MVS is an excellent wastegate, as is the older 2 bolt version.
Believe it or not the Chinese copies of these are not bad either, Im running a copy of the MVS on my car.

Look at some of the turbo build threads and check out what wastegates everybody is using.

·
Registered
94 Integra
1,226 Posts
That wastegate is overboard for a street car. A used Tial or Turbonetics Evolution is your best bet for price & functionality. The next step would be an EMUSA wastegate. You just have to disassemble it, remove any metal shavings, and make sure the diaphragm isn't pinched or ripped. Even better is to polish the shaft on the valve.

·
Registered
EX coupe
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That wastegate is overboard for a street car. A used Tial or Turbonetics Evolution is your best bet for price & functionality. The next step would be an EMUSA wastegate. You just have to disassemble it, remove any metal shavings, and make sure the diaphragm isn't pinched or ripped. Even better is to polish the shaft on the valve.
Why is it considered overboard? if it works then awesome and better..

Second, are there anyways to having a bypass valve system that doesn't have a loud ass chirp, or sound effect that can be herd from outter space... more less just a quick release without the damn churp noise!. any options to QUIET blow by and blow off relief.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Saw this wastegate here, not sure the differences in quality
Differences compared to what exactly?

Exactly. I've never been a fan of buying ludicrously priced blow off valves or waste gates for either street cars or budget builds. They are after all just housings with a valve, diaphragm, and spring. We're not working with life altering technology here. What I will say about cheapo BOVs or WGs is that the quality control during assembly is non existent. Like HiProfile said, cheap-o valves should be dissembled and checked and/or deburred and/or cleaned and/or assembled correctly.

Why is it considered overboard? if it works then awesome and better..
But hey, if you've got the dough, buy those name brand parts. They're usually shinier at least.

Second, are there anyways to having a bypass valve system that doesn't have a loud ass chirp, or sound effect that can be herd from outter space... more less just a quick release without the damn churp noise!. any options to QUIET blow by and blow off relief.
You could use the factory (or aftermarket) diverter valves found in turbocharged VWs and Audis. In my opinion they provide the most natural sounding "psh" noise. If you go with an OEM replacement then they can usually be had for cheap.

·
Two men shy of a group
99 civic sedan ex
1,312 Posts
If you route the wastegate dump back into the exhaust it should be pretty quiet. Your not confusing the bov chirp with the wastegate are you?

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts
I've been running the 2-bolt 38mm turbonetics evolution watesgate for a couple seasons now without issues. The only thing i changed is the springs which is now 15psi

1 - 9 of 9 Posts