Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
del Sol si '94
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a Z6 with a st2 ported Y8 head, skunk2 intake and 68mm tb, Eagle h-beams, and SRP turbo pistons 9-1. Im looking for 275-300hp. Which ball bearing turbo and injectors should i get. Money isnt really a question, I just want a turbo that will spool quickly and make some good power. Also I have a set of RC 310cc inj.s. Will they work with that power level?

·
Registered
del Sol si '94
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awsome! Short, sweet and to the point! Love it Thanks

·
Registered
del Sol si '94
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ive been looking at gt28 s And 28rs but the only ones i see are for Nissans. Will they work? Are the housings clockable?

·
Registered
556 Posts
450s no thanks and 550s might even be cuttin it close, especially if you decide to do more with the car later...^^ as recommended above 650s to be safe. Id rather have a little too much and be tuned down, then want to tune up later and find out i have to spend 300+ on new injectores all over again... but thats just me. Turbo recommended is great, to $$ for my blood, but it will do the trick. sounds like you have a nice build going there keep us posted, and pics are a plus :)

·
Registered
del Sol si '94
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the inj info. So where doI find the gt28rs for honda? Or can i use the nissan one?

·
Registered
137 Posts
The injector size is also dependent on the fuel pressure and the tune used in the ends yes 550 is like just a bit over adequate, but that deceision should be based on what you plan to do with the car later.

As for spool time and the WHP u want cant beat a GT28

·
Registered
43 Posts
Agreed on the disco potato. For that power level it will be great, and allow some room for when you inevitably want to wind the boost up a little more after a while ;)

·
Registered
del Sol si '94
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What size intercooler piping should be used w/ this turbo? 2.5 or 3 inch?

·
Registered
118 Posts
GT28 Disco Potato is a real good choice.

GT3076R .63 is an other good choice if you think need more whp later.
I have one and I love it!

Get 680cc injectors MINIMUM to be safe. I recommend you PTE 880cc.
When you'll need more boost (pretty sure you will), you'll have the correct injector size.
They are the same price, so why not. ;)

2.5" intercooler piping maximum. I use 2" on hot side and 2.5" on cold side.

·
Registered
del Sol si '94
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What stage clutch will I need for 300hp?

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts